Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2018 Cafe Racer and bought Arkapovic slipon. Have read that it does not need tuning. Does anyone know for sure..? I know for the best gain's in Hp. and trq. it needs to be and I will get it tuned when I bring it in for the first 600 mile tune up, but wanted to put it on before. Have 250 miles to go. Do not want to run lean and ruin the sensors. ANYONE POSITIVELY KNOW??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I will put it on today and when I get the 600 mile tune up , I will get it tuned for fuel. Just to get the very best out of it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will keep in eye on that. It is only another 250 miles before I get it tuned on the Dyno. Should be alright. It's funny you tell me that. There is a guy in YouTube that has a Cafe Racer and he put a carbon slipon on his bike. He was talking about how after he put the slipon on the rest of the exhaust started turning blue. He liked it....actually slipon first and air filter then the whole system, but never got it retuned. I read you always need a retuning with full exhaust and air filter.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks, I will keep in eye on that. It is only another 250 miles before I get it tuned on the Dyno. Should be alright. It's funny you tell me that. There is a guy in YouTube that has a Cafe Racer and he put a carbon slipon on his bike. He was talking about how after he put the slipon on the rest of the exhaust started turning blue. He liked it....actually slipon first and air filter then the whole system, but never got it retuned. I read you always need a retuning with full exhaust and air filter.
I have a full system with CAT removed, but haven’t done the air filter on mine cos’ I can’t be bothered.
My exhaust won’t turn blue it’s been ceramic coated black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts