Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those out their curious on how to change the exhaust map on their Scrambler.. this might be for you.

It took me roughly 2 or 3 months to get this process all figured out but was finally successful in switching the map over this past June. I had originally bought an Arrow Pro-Race exhaust back in late February and a Rexxer Evo-User unit from Daniele-Moto in Germany (first mistake). The exhaust came in from Germany and being super eager to get it on and ride, I went ahead and swapped out the exhaust. The Arrow Pro-Race exhaust is a BEAST of an exhaust, if you're riding without the silencer in I don't know how you do it.

Well eventually the Rexxer came in and upon plugging it into my diagnostic port, nothing would work. I couldn't get past the black screen for maybe a month. By this time Covid-19 was ramping up and I had to give up and ship it back to Daniele-Moto for a return (ended up losing money on that). By this time I finally figured out how to buy from rexxer.com after having contacted [email protected] for help with my Daniele-Moto Rexxer. Basically you have to go to their downloads page and edit a form with your desired options on the map and then send to David. You can either send the form to David with the bikes ECU (~$300) or put in the form that you want the Rexxer Evo-User (~$600). For the first option, they'll install the map on your ECU in house and send it back. For the second option, they send you the Evo-User, you download the stock exhaust map onto it from the bike, use their software to download it to your computer and email it to David. A few hours to a day later, you get the new exhaust map back and reverse the process. With the Evo-User you also get some handy diagnostic features for the bike, if you're into that.

I've made a few videos documenting the whole process, overall I think I've learned a few lessons from this whole thing. Hopefully it helps someone thinking about make the exhaust swap. At the end of the day the total came out to be a little over $1500 as shown below. With the exhaust, new filter, and if you sent the ECU to Rexxer I think this could be a little less than $1200. Not bad if you bought your bike used like I did ($7,000 for a two year old DS with just over 1,000 miles). The cost might be offset by selling the stock exhaust on eBay, but no one was buying when I had mine listed.

Part
Paid
Received
Dealer
Pro Race Exhaust by Arrow​
$738.90​
MotovationUSA.com​
K&N Air Filter​
$74.10​
JEGS.com​
ECU tuning tool RexXer EVO "User"​
$520.66​
Daniele-Moto.com​
Return Shipping to Daniele-Moto​
65.00$​
USPS​
ECU tuning tool RexXer EVO "User" Return​
$477.37​
Daniele-Moto.com​
Rexxer Evo-User and Map​
$632.61​
Rexxer USA​
Total
$1,553.90

Per Rexxer's in house testing it's about a solid 4hp gain all the way up to redline, and like I said its pretty noticeable. Its got a bit more torque on the bottom end and can pick it up much quicker on the highway when passing. I'm going to try to get another video out here soon on that as well.

Anyways, pictures and videos provided below, thanks for the read and good luck if you decide to pursue this!

Catch Hell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im putting on Leo Vince exhaust and sent my ECU to Rexxer to do the map. I opted to not use the K&N. Total cost is about $600 with shipping to Rexxer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im putting on Leo Vince exhaust and sent my ECU to Rexxer to do the map. I opted to not use the K&N. Total cost is about $600 with shipping to Rexxer.
Seems about right on the cost, I've been super happy with my new exhaust map. Hope you enjoy yours!

Reactions: DesmoDuc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seems about right on the cost, I've been super happy with my new exhaust map. Hope you enjoy yours!
The LV10 exhaust doesnt come with a silencer so Im hoping its not too loud. Thanks I hope you enjoy yours. Sounds like you got a good deal on your bike. Sucks you had to shell out so much money, but some lessons are expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts