Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently switched my Scorpion slip on for an Arrow Pro-Race

I was going to get an SC-Project cr-t but I really don't like the way they build the hanger bracket. The SC has very thin titanium welded to the can in two very small spots and seems like it would be prone to stress cracking. Also the hanger on the SC is on the mid pipe, putting even more leverage on the mounting point with the silencer hanging off.

I got to take a look at the Arrow and think its a better design. The hanger is two solid pices of sheet titanium (instead of skeletonized) fully welded on both sides and on top. Also it incorporated one of the stock muffler hanger isolators with rubber bushings.

The Arrow with the DB killed removed it LOUD, real loud. I like to be obnoxious but its too much.

With the DB killer in it sounds (imo) better than any scrambler exhaust I have encountered.
Very deep and crisp.

The arrow even with the DB killer in is louder than the Scorpion with DB killer removed and flute removed.

The Arrow system also weighs less than half!

20170730_124719.jpg

20170730_140307.jpg

20170730_140327.jpg

·
Registered
816 Posts
Looks good! One thing that always put me off Arrow pipes was the horrible branding. The big yellow stickers always looked so badly proportioned, like something was off with the font they used...

The metal plate with the laser etched logo is SO much classier! I thought about getting the SC Project GP exhaust, which looks similar to this but tiny pipe + no baffle means too loud, as you found.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great looking exhaust. Photos show the quality of workmanship. Which system of electronic control did you use if any? Please let us know how the bike is running with your setup. I may be an Arrow customer if it all works out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great looking exhaust. Photos show the quality of workmanship. Which system of electronic control did you use if any? Please let us know how the bike is running with your setup. I may be an Arrow customer if it all works out.
Im running a map re-flash performed by local Ducati indy on a dyno. Also running K&N filter.

Bike is super smooth and has noticeably more power on top end.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi, I am hunting down an moto-gp style exahust. I like the SC-project and decided against it because it doesn't come with baffle. Arrow does. Did you order from ebay? Know the name of the seller? Any problems? Let me know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
IMG_0405.jpg
I've got the Arrow pipe on my Desert Sled - love it, the sound is superb.

Just having a Power Commander fitted at the moment with

·
Registered
3 Posts
That pipe looks great on both bikes! I will agree that they have one of the best notes on the market. Any sound bytes? I had the black edition on my 1100 Monster. I was thinking about putting that Arrow on the Scrambler too but the aesthetics of the HP Hydroform did it for me. The sound isn’t bad either with or with out the baffles. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts