Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed an Arrow slip on exhaust. Installed it baffles out and sweet Zeus’s beard was it loud. I have never heard an aftermarket slip on exhaust this loud. So, I put the baffles in and it sounds good but only a tiny bit louder than stock and not much different than stock. The bike sounded fine stock. I thought more would be better. It’s not. I should have left it stock. Upside, the Arrow slip on (black) looks great on my yellow Scrambler 1100. But not $900 better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just installed an Arrow slip on exhaust. Installed it baffles out and sweet Zeus’s beard was it loud. I have never heard an aftermarket slip on exhaust this loud. So, I put the baffles in and it sounds good but only a tiny bit louder than stock and not much different than stock. The bike sounded fine stock. I thought more would be better. It’s not. I should have left it stock. Upside, the Arrow slip on (black) looks great on my yellow Scrambler 1100. But not $900 better.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Do you wear earplugs? I have the Akrapovic system without the baffles and also find it real loud(may also be because of the position of the exhaust). But with earplugs(fitted ones)in it's perfect. No windnoise and perfect engine sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Remove baffles.
2. Trim slightly, if it's not enough you can repeat..
3. Replace baffles..
4. Enjoy.....
As in trim the baffle to let a portion of the sound pass through? I like this idea. What if I drilled a few holes in the baffle? If I could find just a bit more sound it would be perfect. Because guy’s I’m telling you baffles out is a joke. It’s as loud as the most obnoxious Harley.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you wear earplugs? I have the Akrapovic system without the baffles and also find it real loud(may also be because of the position of the exhaust). But with earplugs(fitted ines)in it's perfect. No windnoise abd perfect engine sound.
When I ride to work (which I haven’t done in 11 months) or longer rides down the CA coast I wear ear plugs. But in the City I don’t wear ear plugs. But, you are likely right, with ear plugs it would probably be ok for me. But, I can’t subject an already on edge population to the wall of noise baffles out creates.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look really good, even if they’re not quite what you hoped for.
Thanks. I really like how they look too. The install was super easy. They’re super high quality too. Just be warned baffles-out with these slip ons is mind blowingly loud. If I hadn’t plopped down so much money for them i would be bothered so much. Perhaps I can drill some small holes in the baffles and find that happy median between too loud and not loud enough.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Take the baffle out of your stock exhaust. It’s will be louder but my aging ears I prefer quiet exhaust.
I love my Scrambler just the way she is. It is the most satisfying bike i have bought in years and I'm reluctant to do anything to change it...buuttttt

those Arrows do look shit hot and I reckon the HP Corse look the the business also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love my Scrambler just the way she is. It is the most satisfying bike i have bought in years and I'm reluctant to do anything to change it...buuttttt

those Arrows do look shit hot and I reckon the HP Corse look the the business also.

Because of the pandemic I’m home basically all the time (unless I’m out riding) and my mind wanders. After I bought the Arrow slip on exhaust I did think “I should just leave the bike bone stock.” But when they arrived a few weeks later I installed them. They fit perfectly and are way lighter than stock. Actually, baffles-in sounds pretty dang good. I’m really liking how they look now too. So....maybe Arrow slip-ons wasn’t a bad idea. Gulp. Sorry Arrow, I was wrong. You were worth it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Take the baffle out of your stock exhaust. It’s will be louder but my aging ears I prefer quiet exhaust.
How do you take the baffle out of the stock exhaust? This is most likely a reflection damper and not an absorbtion damper but if it's posible I would like to know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will be interested to get your take if you try it with the baffles out. Looks great 👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will be interested to get your take if you try it with the baffles out. Looks great 👍
As soon as I get some time, I'll try it without the baffles and let you know. I like the black Arrows better that you installed but I got these for half price on the forum.

·
Registered
868 Posts
When I ride to work (which I haven’t done in 11 months) or longer rides down the CA coast I wear ear plugs. But in the City I don’t wear ear plugs. But, you are likely right, with ear plugs it would probably be ok for me. But, I can’t subject an already on edge population to the wall of noise baffles out creates.
Over here in Holland loud pipes are also frowned up in but when I ride the Scrambler 1100 I never noticed anybody looking anoyed or cross with me so I feel the perception of the exhaust noise by the driver is worse then it is because the exhaust are so up high and pretty close to your ears. I haven't removed the cat so this should still keep a lot of noise back. Still if you like the sound kr feel more comfortable with the baffles in(wich are pretty short with the arrows if I'm correct) just ride it like that

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts