Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... on the plus side

- Got to hear the bike in person for the first time
- Got to see that I really am second on their list for a Yellow Icon (I hadn't spoken with anyone at the dealer since I made the deposit in Oct)

... on the minus side

- There were no accessories to check out (I'd like to see the pannier set and tank bag in person)

I was told to expect my bike in April.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I hate seeing these delivery dates. Feb March April May. I would rather everyone get their bike at once. It makes it soooo painful .

·
Registered
834 Posts
It's still 1 month and a day for me but have to admit time has been moving ok.. Actually getting anxious rather excited as will I be ready in my garage. Need a lid still too. Time flies .. Who is building your bikes for sure and is there any news coming out of Thailand if so.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't heard anything new on where it will be built (well, assembled, since the key components are coming from Italy for all bikes), which is initial US market bikes from Italy, then from Thailand at some point.

As far as the delivery schedule, the sales guy at the dealer showed me my slot in line on an iPad spreadsheet that had a column for each model and each slot color coded for delivery month. The Icon models (both colors) were marked for April and the others marked later (presumably May, but I didn't look at them closely). I don't know if this spreadsheet was something that the dealer put together or was a Ducati sales tool thing.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes I believe the spread sheets are correct. I was at my dealers and he checked on my delivery. He said oh yours is a very early number bike . Earlier the better if I keep it forever. We will just have to see. Hey what happened to all the 30-40 that went to US for launch. Did they return back to Italy then ??

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just saw the scrambler in Cleveland and I know if I get this bike it will need some major suspension upgrades. The front forks look so cheap and anorexic, I am thinking this bike is going to need so many upgrades it might be better for me to look at the Triumphs. It definitely is a cheaper intro bike.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Motomom, I found no problem with the front forks :) but the rear spring was quite harsh (hard) but perhaps the preload needed adjusting for my weight,

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can easily replace the rear shock but I think the front suspension is more expensive and a little more involved. I like my bikes to have very stiff suspension. I am going to the dealer this weekend to look at it again and decide if I don't buy it I am getting a triumph thruxton possibly the ace cafe one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts