Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living where I do it can get pretty warm. As an example today is forecasted to be 106F/41C and for me thats just a bit much for a comfortable ride. Does it matter to you?

I also am not sure if it's a great environment for an air cooled motor as well.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
We don't get temps of that kind here, but some days it can be really hot and sticky and I just can't stand the thought of putting my kit on! I agree that the air cooled motor gets pretty hot and we haven't even had really hot weather yet .. although they are hinting at some kind of 'heatwave' next week! I may even take my thermal lining out!!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
A few years ago I went to France on my Blade. One day I spent all day riding in temps of 43C and I was in a full, one piece set of leathers.

When I was moving it was great. When I stopped I just melted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
50 c high and 38 low. Humidity is pretty high this time of the year. This lasts for about 5 months. Mesh helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I always carry 2 of these neck koolers in a couple zip tight plastic bags.

Evaporative Cooling Bandanas IndustrialSafetyGear.com

If it gets hot, I wear one and soak the other, then alternate them when at a stop.

If I am expecting really hot weather, I bring my cooling vest and a wide mouth camelback bladder.

I fill the bladder with ice a the soda dispensary machines then top it off with water.

I wear it in the backpad pocket of my mesh jacket. It has a pinch tube that I can drink from or dribble more water on me, while I ride

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I always carry 2 of these neck koolers in a couple zip tight plastic bags.

Evaporative Cooling Bandanas IndustrialSafetyGear.com

If it gets hot, I wear one and soak the other, then alternate them when at a stop.

If I am expecting really hot weather, I bring my cooling vest and a wide mouth camelback bladder.

I fill the bladder with ice a the soda dispensary machines then top it off with water.

I wear it in the backpad pocket of my mesh jacket. It has a pinch tube that I can drink from or dribble more water on me, while I ride
That'a good tip about soaking a neck cooler, even a light bandana for the back of the neck. I read somwhere there is a 'sensor'' in the neck controling blood temp to the brain.
That's why I soak my socks. Boom boom.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's winter here now (0-10 C at night, 15-25 daytime), but the hottest I've had is 44 C (111 F). That was getting a bit warm, but it's a dry heat here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in Arizona. It's brutal. I can only ride from 5am-9am at the latest until the ride becomes unenjoyable due to the heat. Today's high is 106 F. It regularly gets up to 110-115 F in AZ.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in Arizona. It's brutal. I can only ride from 5am-9am at the latest until the ride becomes unenjoyable due to the heat. Today's high is 106 F. It regularly gets up to 110-115 F in AZ.
I'm glad its just not me. Today is forecast again to be 106F so I am thinking either a late night or early morning ride is in my future as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The handy dandy temp gauge on my Classic showed 104 deg yesterday. I think that's enough for me. Need to be done before 3-4 PM

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well after reading some of those posts about not being able to ride because of high temperatures :(

I'm feeling much better about our climate , at least in the UK most are able to ride throughout the year, maybe a little cold and a little wet at times :rolleyes: But I think I'd hate it being too hot to ride the bike,:toothy2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts