Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the atlas throttle lock bottom kit but recently got heated grips and have to get the top kit (wished I planned that out better). If you don’t have heated grips or don’t plan to them, then the bottom kit is what your looking for. I had them for maybe two months but everything is back in original packaging.
they look essential brand new, if there are nicks/scuffs on the black metal its basically from the installation.

Also doesn’t have to be for a scrambler either, universal fit. So if you got any other bike it will work.

I paid the $145 + tax. Looking for $100 + shipping (can’t imagine shipping being more than $5-10 in US lower 48).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works but not the most elegant design. And the fact that it’s universal I’m sure it makes opinions of it more or less favorable depending on the specific bike.

for us, the stock throttle body has the smallest lip for the atlas to grip. Like basically the 1.5-2 widths of the clamp. The heated grips it is basically exactly the width of the clamp. Which for me made it impossible to install with the heated grips (I’m returning the top kit too).

the other possible way to install them is not on that lip but around the throttle housing (that part that doesn’t spin) and then it could apply pressure against the clutch cable housing and the throttle body. But for our bikes or maybe just my bike there’s just not enough room. The throttle body will stick with friction and won’t snap back to neutral and that’s a big no no for me.

I’d say non-heated grips works as advertised and I’d continue to use it. Heated grips doesn’t work and im looking for another solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts