Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound crazy but I went for a 100 mile ride yesterday and my foot started slipping by the back brake pedal.
I recently changed the seat to a Sargent duo and have been on a few rides and everything was fine - until yesterday.
Had a quick look and nothing seems to be loose or moved.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
733 Posts
What do you mean slipping... Slipping off the Pegs?

There are a number of AM pegs that can be fitted - but depending on your use the Pegs from a Multistrada or Multidstrada Enduro would fit on...

The Enduro ones have good spikes... but covered with a rubber isolator..

The OE Ducati ones are cheaper or similar to the AM ones..

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the same problem on most bikes - due to a motorcycle injury where my foort can not turn in.

On my Multistrada - I fitted a pedal extender I made.

On the scrambler - I bought a replacement pedal and bent it so it stuck out more... I could have just bent the original.. but the plating had started to turn black... so I changed it. -

Think they were like £40 from dealer and an hour to do... Bending on the bike would be possible using some scafold tube... there is a sturdy pivot and bearing... You only need to bend it out probably 10mm... and the issue goes away..(for me)

On my Scrambler 1100 - I do not have the issue - not sure why... but here it would be make a new top plate as its a 2 piece pedal.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Simon.

The puzzling thing is why has it only just started happening?

Think I will take a ride to my local Ducati dealer and see if I can check out one of theirs first.

I have also got a new pair of boots recently (great deal from Aliexpress). But as with the seat everything was fine until yesterday.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Phil
what did you wear that day?, boots or tennis shoes?.
had similar problem with original pegs and change them with the ones with spikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts