Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up motogadget bar end mirrors and bar end turn signals, but there isn't much room to put the mirrors in without having to move all the components up the handlebars. Is there such a product that extends the handlebars to allow for room like mirrors to clamp on to, or is the typical procedure to shuffle all components over to make the room.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You can see the little wiggle room. Less so on the throttle side.

Something I forgot to mention, with the stock mirrors out would anyone know what size dummy/blocker bolt to get to cover up where the mirrors were?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like the one side requires being trimmed?
Or a plastic ring turned to fill the gap maybe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gap is what I want. The throttle side where you see the handle just about flush to the bar end is the problem as there is no space for the bar end mirror to clamp on to.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not sure about Motogadget mirrors but I have Rizoma bar-ends on mine and they came with an adapter that fits into the hole at the bar ends, effectively extending the width of the bars enough to take the mirrors (15mm each side I think). Not sure you get the picture with these random images:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know exactly what it is and was considering them except the bar end signals wouldn't fit. The Rizomas look great though. The adapter/extender is what I'm looking for but I'm thinking I'm just going to have to move the throttle control over a bit and drill a hole. I'll have to drill a hole in the center eventually to feed the turn signal wiring, I just thought there would be some standalone product for anyone that needs the space - maybe for mirrors or grip covers or whatever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Something I forgot to mention, with the stock mirrors out would anyone know what size dummy/blocker bolt to get to cover up where the mirrors were?

View attachment 45866
The mirror bolts are sized M10 x 1.25.

Note that the right bolt is a reverse thread. One of those Ducati quirks. Amazon has tons of options

If you want to install a specific mirror plug you like and cant find it in a pair of forward and reverse - an option is to use a forward thread on the right bolt with a reverse-forward adapter. And in that case you will also have to install a riser bolt of similar height on the left so that both finished setups look identical. I had to go through this mess for installing the Doubletake Mirrors. Do check out their website they explain these parts well and also sell them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts