Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm really interested in bar end mirrors for my upcoming Scrambler, something that I've personally never before wanted on a bike. I've seen a few (several?) pics here with peeps' mirrors that I loved but was never sure what the make/model of the mirrors was.

If you've got bar-ends, can you please post pics then tell us what make/model they are? All I've seen are the cheapies over at Cycle Gear and I'm hoping for something a little nicer looking for the Scrambler. Thanks!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
IMG_20150630_115938.jpg
I'll start by showing you mine.
These are "cheapo" mirrors from eBay.
I wanted something simple and round to pick up on the other round details on the Scrambler.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta say, bar-ends look good on this bike. :D

I'll have to go take a look at Rizoma, keep hearing good things about their products here on this forum. ;)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey tonyjuliano , how are you finding these mirrors now that you have had them for a while? Dime City is right around the corner from me so I may grab a set soon. Was curious about visibility/adjustablilty. Do they stay put? Anything driving you nuts about them? Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Hey tonyjuliano , how are you finding these mirrors now that you have had them for a while? Dime City is right around the corner from me so I may grab a set soon. Was curious about visibility/adjustablilty. Do they stay put? Anything driving you nuts about them? Thanks in advance.
Scott
All positive - no negatives.

Just good stuff - all around.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did these CRG Arrow knock-offs from eBay for about $50 U.S. and am very happy with them. The glass even has that blue'ish tint and visibility is awesome. Not a hint of vibration.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Shmakt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are those the crg Chinese knock offs? If so how is the fit and finish? I cant justify $240 for mirror's but I love the look of the arrow style on the FT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are those the crg Chinese knock offs? If so how is the fit and finish? I cant justify $240 for mirror's but I love the look of the arrow style on the FT.
That's exactly what they are. The build quality seems good. Glass is nice. The biggest question is whether or not the anodizing [in black which tends to become copper in cheap examples] holds up over time. Too early to to but so far, so good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How was the install? No mods needed? I bought a cheap pair of round ones for 12 bucks that said they were 7/8's but I'm going to need to file them down to fit in the bar.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How was the install? No mods needed? I bought a cheap pair of round ones for 12 bucks that said they were 7/8's but I'm going to need to file them down to fit in the bar.
Straightforward install. The stock bar ends are a little tricky to get out (different than other Ducs I have done this on). Needed a screwdriver and rubber mallet to coax them out after loosening the hex bolt.

On the throttle side, just be sure to leave a little clearance for the bar end so that you don't pinch the throttle tube and accidentally get cruise control (or Casey Stoner/HRC syndrome)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spent 4 years in a motorcycle shop turning wrenches and at least once a summer someone would come in with a "bad throttle cable" and what they had done is install their bar ends to tight. On a side note if you unscrew the allen head bolt about 1/4 - 3/8's out and then tap the bolt with a rubber mallet, it will actually push the expansion nut out of the bar end just enough that the bar end pull right out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am going to have to file down my bar end mirrors as well so that they will fit inside the bars.

For now I just modified the end caps. I am running mine turned down instead of up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know which Rizoma mirror adapters I need for the Scrambler? Rizoma's website doesn't yet show the Scrambler compatibility.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I really dig your choice of mirrors and shorty brake levers..
Could you please share details of where and how much about your brake levers?
They aren't shortys - just regular length. They are Chinese knockoffs - but good quality ones (there are others that are very crude and crappy).

I'll post a link when I get to a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts