Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Were the mirrors purely a cosmetic thing, or were the stock mirrors not working for you. Looks great btw.
Did you fit the Termi yourself?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock mirrors worked fine, I just wanted to flatten the profile a bit for the look I was wanting. They too offer a good view.
I fitted the Termi myself (lots of nuts/bolts fibre washers/inserts & more and no instructions to say where they went). The up-map key provided has a piece of paper inside the box saying to be used in conjuction with DDS so I still had to visit my dealer for them to re-map it (done for free though).
I was surprised how loud it is even with the baffle (haha) in but it makes you feel good blipping the throttle coming down the box or flying away from the lights (even though you will be looking out for police cars nervously just in case they hear you coming).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was there any metal inside the bars that had to be removed to installed the mirrors or were they hollow?
The stock ends are plastic kept in by a hex/allen bolt with a nut on the end that expands a rubber insert when tightened.
The new ones I installed are just cheap Chinese ones off Ebay around £17 a pair and boy were they a nightmare to fit. they come with 2 inner alloy sleeves split halfway up each and fit inside each other. The problem is that the outer one is too wide to fit in the handlebar and the inner too slim.
I ended up hand filing down the outer one to fit then sawing 3mm off the solid end of the inner sleeve which allowed me to tighten everything up solid as a rock.
Always the same that you get what you pay for but again you can't see inside and they look good now that they are on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the look of the bar end mirrors.
I found the stock mirrors didn't tilt far back enough to get a good view in the Left Hand one and I cracked the glass attempting to adjust it on the move but I fitted some risers from R&G and now they work fine (apart from the crack) If anybody is selling a left hand one,Im interested.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
You are right about the mirrors, I had a devil of a time trying to move them up or down, But when I did eventually get them to move ( I actually thought they were fixed) they were fine, I was lucky, I didn't break the glass though, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its only a hairline crack and it still works fine, no distortion but annoying none the less no doubt stock replacement mirrors won't be cheap,ill live with it for now.:)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I have a set from a Kawacrapi Versys, the same size and fixings, I was going to put these on to get the movement I needed,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found they work a lot better with the risers I bought,it just raises them a couple of inches. I was having to move my head down to see properly with the LH one but the risers have solved that.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts