Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to remove the plastic bar ends last night on my Icon to measure the handlebar internal diameter for when I order some bar end mirrors, I tried removing the Allen bolts and also just loosening them but they wouldn't come out! I tried prizing them out with a broad flat blade screwdriver but couldn't shift them. They are plastic and as I've had the bike less than 24hours I was reluctant to try harder.
Anyone else tried this yet?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That's odd Mk3, because they do a different bar end weight as an accessory so it should come out quite easily, Sorry I can't be more helpful, I'm getting my bike next week I'll give it a go when I get it home,

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just had a look at the accessories page Mk3, Those bar ends have an expanding rubber insert, I suggest backing off three turns and tapping the bolt/socket head , it should slide out then,

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call Elvisto, worked a treat. Will be getting some Oberon bar end mirrors as soon as my wallet is replenished.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm interested in installing the CRG lane splitters on my Icon, and was curious to know if you happen to know if the 7/8" adapter would be appropriate for this task. Anyone ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The CRG bar end adapters should work. I've got the CRG mirrors but moved all my controls inward to mount the mirrors without extending my handlebars any further. Helps with tight spaces between cars and in the parking garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts