Which is best left or right

• Left

• Right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual I was bored so decided to look into bar end mirrors. I found some I liked the look of so bought them. When they were delivered I thought that they looked too small for my bike. When fitted I still think they look small so another modification begins. I have some other mirrors I can mod and fit to the bar end brackets.
What do you think? Any advice appreciated.

The mirror on the left is just placed there for the photo. The one on the right I think is too small.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I stuck some Rizoma on my 800 a while back and they looked small compared to the OEMs I took off but my rear view was as good if not better due to them being on the bar ends. I think the small one on yours aesthetically is fine - go for a ride and see if you're comfortable – I know many folk don't care too much but I personally like to have useful mirrors.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stuck some Rizoma on my 800 a while back and they looked small compared to the OEMs I took off but my rear view was as good if not better due to them being on the bar ends. I think the small one on yours aesthetically is fine - go for a ride and see if you're comfortable – I know many folk don't care too much but I personally like to have useful mirrors.
Can’t do a ride at the moment we’re locked down.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Course! We're not quite as locked down as you are but out of respect for my fellow humans I haven't been getting out much either! Stay well over there - looks pretty shambolic from over here (Ex-Brit don't forget, I'm allowed to criticise ;) ).

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a personal decision. There is cosmetics and performance considerations. I agree the smaller round mirrors look better but as soon as I rode my bike I ordered the Napoleon bar end mirrors. Not as pretty but way more viewing area. As I said it is a personal decision and I went for better view than better looking. And yes I know the photo is not a Scrambler but it shows off the mirrors I am talking about.😁

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is a personal decision. There is cosmetics and performance considerations. I agree the smaller round mirrors look better but as soon as I rode my bike I ordered the Napoleon bar end mirrors. Not as pretty but way more viewing area. As I said it is a personal decision and I went for better view than better looking. And yes I know the photo is not a Scrambler but it shows off the mirrors I am talking about.😁
Thanks for the info. I’ve looked into the napoleon mirrors but can’t find a size. Could you tell me the width and height of the glass?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the info. I’ve looked into the napoleon mirrors but can’t find a size. Could you tell me the width and height of the glass?
They are an irregular shape I used them with the smallest part toward the bike and the larger viewing area to the outside. Height is approximately 2.5" on the left vertical and 3' on the right. The bottom is approximately 4.5" and the top 4". What I really like about them is after you adjust them you can fold them in for storage or parking and not knock them out of alignment. they have a cam locator which you can adjust the spring tension so they are easier or more difficult to fold in. They are relatively inexpensive and the parts are interchangeable so if you drop your bike and damage a mirror you can buy another and then have some spare parts. I have been using them for over 25 years and have never had a complaint. They work on sportbikes as well as more up right bikes. For some reason they tend to not be bothered by vibration as much as other mirrors especially those mounted to a fairing stay. My 916 demonstrated that to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts