Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got 2018 Scrambler FT as a first bike and I am very excited to upgrade OEM parts that I hate.
Can someone please recommend good quality bar end mirror with the correct adaptor that will fit my bike?

I am also looking for a minimalistic LED Turn signal that will require simple installation.
I was able to find a few options for both online but I want to get a recommendation from forum members.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend, and where you are I guess. I just fitted the Ducati LED indicators (expensive but I saved over 40% in the sales) - I'm in Aus, and I really like them:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 5.14.04 pm.png
)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm no guru with electrics but it was easy. Fiddly but easy enough that I reckon most folk could do it.

I did the rear ones first and it's really just a matter of dissembling the back of the bike (seat off, tray out, mudguard and associated trim piece pulled apart and of course old indicators removing).

I wasn't looking forward to the fronts but wanted to give it a try. A bit more involved but again doable by most folk I'd say. You don't have to remove the tank, which was a fear of mine when I started. You can get away with lifting the tank and carefully pushing it over to the left of the bike a little (left as you sit on the bike). This gives you plenty of room under the tank on the right to trace the original wires from the standard indicators to their connectors. Everything is clearly marked (L and R) and easily accessible. And the Ducati LEDs are just a direct swap over - pull out the standard indicators connector shove in the LED's connector. The only fiddly bit is feeding the new wiring through to the connectors and getting the cable ties back in place. You only need a couple of torx and allen sizes, a small philips to get the lens off the originals and 4 or 5 cable ties and you're done.

I got my LEDs from Alessi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts