Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Barkbusters VPS handguards - single point mount

8K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  ELVISTO 
#1 ·
Anyone have any ideas on whether these fit using single point mount on an urban and still leave the cross brace in place?

Also if they do, are they sturdy at good speed or do they flap around loads?

Cheers!

#2 ·
I have the "Cycra primal stealth" handguards and I have been over a hundred MPH with them and they were totally fine. They definitely don't flap around or even move at all for that matter. I got them to keep the wind off my hands so I could ride in colder temps, along with the ducati heated handgrips.

Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Automotive lighting Vehicle Windshield
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part Car
you can see in these photos that the cross brace would be no problem. I have the FT bars.
When I was installing them I thought that when it warmed up again I would take them off, but I actually don't even notice them. And they only keep the wind off. Barkbusters will keep your levers from breaking if you drop your bike but they are 3 times the price

#5 ·
I have the "Cycra primal stealth" handguards and I have been over a hundred MPH with them and they were totally fine. They definitely don't flap around or even move at all for that matter. I got them to keep the wind off my hands so I could ride in colder temps, along with the ducati heated handgrips.

View attachment 4082 View attachment 4084 you can see in these photos that the cross brace would be no problem. I have the FT bars.
When I was installing them I thought that when it warmed up again I would take them off, but I actually don't even notice them. And they only keep the wind off. Barkbusters will keep your levers from breaking if you drop your bike but they are 3 times the price
Did you get the composite or alloy brackets for yours?

#15 ·
Yea you'll have to do some adjusting of the handlebar controls. But once installed you'll notice the lines go with the rear view mirrors perfectly like they were designed for it.

I can send a better photo later if you need. Let me know. I can have em up after work today
Please, that would be great.

Mine are getting delivered tomorrow :)

#19 ·
Received the Acerbis X Tarmac Handguards this morning from DirtBikeXpress, :D

Very pleased with them only 10 mins to fit (not wired up yet) very good quality, these should keep the cold and rain off the back of my hands, :rolleyes: Thanks again Digital,

ps, I have taken a picture;) I'll post it later if I get chance:p

#22 ·
Wow, For a grand total of 8 turn signals! Make it an even dozen turn signals with these:
Line Font Technology Parallel Electronic device

passenger foot pegs WITH TURN SIGNALS
Yellow Amber Light Automotive lighting Motorcycle accessories

And just incase those blind cagers still don't see you!
Product Text Line Font Undergarment

I'm sure I could find more, but that's all the time I have for today folks thanks for being such a good audience. And feel free to post any other blinky bolt ons right here on this thread. Have a great day.

#23 ·

View attachment 4082 View attachment 4084 you can see in these photos that the cross brace would be no problem. I have the FT bars.
Looking good!!!!!

Did they come without decals on them or did you remove them?? They look as though they are now supplied all stickered up

#25 ·
Received the Acerbis X Tarmac Handguards this morning from DirtBikeXpress, :D

Very pleased with them only 10 mins to fit (not wired up yet) very good quality, these should keep the cold and rain off the back of my hands, :rolleyes: Thanks again Digital,

ps, I have taken a picture;) I'll post it later if I get chance:p
Hi Elvisto
Just fitted the same set. Have you got round to connecting up the blue lights? My initial thought is to link up with the headlight feed but would be grateful for any tips. Just replaced bulb so have now learnt how to take off head light unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.