Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also installed the Evo tech. It's okay, but no pipe protection and the damn forward bracket that attaches to the exhaust flange blocks the use of a oil filter tool. Luckily I have a rubber strap one too and I got it off with that. Next time, a K&N filter with the removal bolt built in to the filter will be used.

·
Registered
141 Posts
And in case you want to see just how much more coverage this skid plate offers (and how much better it mounts), here it is compared to the OEM one (along with it's superior mounting bracket):

View attachment 19953
View attachment 19961
View attachment 19945
The basic plate looks pretty nice. It seems like all they need to do is massage the mounting brackets to line up.

I'm still considering using the Hepco & Becker engine guards as mounting points for a skid plate. I'm wondering if I should fab my own brackets to mount this plate to the H&B guards?

I also agree it's almost amazing so few have made a skidplate that fits the Sled as it's the most natural for needing one. I'm not looking for something that will withstand a proper rock garden, but rather one that will protect the oil filter and keep all those stupid exhaust springs where they should be. I've been tempted to just replace the stupid springs with safety wire or figure out a way to safety wire the springs on so they can't fall off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the Moto crash bars which seem fine for the top part of the engine. I want a proper bash plate though and the Hepco bars look like they would provide a good foundation for using 4 or 5 mm al. Plate. My question is have any of you fitted both the Moto and the Hepco bars? I have spent a long time now looking at the images and it looks like you could.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And in case you want to see just how much more coverage this skid plate offers (and how much better it mounts), here it is compared to the OEM one (along with it's superior mounting bracket):

View attachment 19953
View attachment 19961
View attachment 19945
After a bit of mucking around ..... it can be done.

.... some alteration of the mounting bracket required plus the addition of a lug on the kickstand mount (as per the photos)

i can provide detailed diagrams if desired

right side.png
left side.png
front.png
stand bracket.png
stand lug 1.png
stand lug 2.png
stand lug 3.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. Recently installed the Evotech skid plate on a 2018 DS, easy install and super build quality.

Surprise - I actually didn't realize this when buying the Evotech but it actually replaces the stock plate. This was a bit disappointing because I liked the broader (even though limited) coverage of the stock plate, especially the bottom of the pipes.

Solution - drilled holes in the stock plate and replaced the bolts with longer sturdier ones. So both the plates sit nice and flush together. Here's a photo.

Afterthought - should paint the stock plate black. It will make for a nice consistent black underbelly.

IMG_20200829_184729.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. Recently installed the Evotech skid plate on a 2018 DS, easy install and super build quality.

Surprise - I actually didn't realize this when buying the Evotech but it actually replaces the stock plate. This was a bit disappointing because I liked the broader (even though limited) coverage of the stock plate, especially the bottom of the pipes.

Solution - drilled holes in the stock plate and replaced the bolts with longer sturdier ones. So both the plates sit nice and flush together. Here's a photo.

Afterthought - should paint the stock plate black. It will make for a nice consistent black underbelly.

View attachment 45762

View attachment 45764
thats really quite clever ..... looks good too

·
Registered
141 Posts

View attachment 45762

View attachment 45764
Thanks for sharing that! I was wondering if that was possible as I don't want to loose the wider coverage of the OEM plate either. I like the basics of the Evotech, especially the upper section, but the lower is missing some coverage for sure. I'd still like more coverage to the rear for the pipe.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts