Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started icon after about a month it needs battery charging .but it has thown up (batt )on dash and engine management light .how do I remove the warning sign

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just started icon after about a month it needs battery charging .but it has thown up (batt )on dash and engine management light .how do I remove the warning sign
The manuals says the bike triggers this warning if the voltage is equal to or below 11.0 volts. Perhaps if you take the bike out for a good run (after lockdown!!) the light will go out as the voltage rises?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The manuals says the bike triggers this warning if the voltage is equal to or below 11.0 volts. Perhaps if you take the bike out for a good run (after lockdown!!) the light will go out as the voltage rises?
Thanks for that just borrowed a Oxford battery charger and your right it’s showing 8 volts so will check later in week when fully charged

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi if it’s showing 8 volts, likely the battery is beyond saving. 1 or 2 of the cells are probably gone.

Plan for good possibility of having to buy a new battery.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Good news battery charged up showing 12.8 volts started first touch . charger showing maintenance mode.
If it got down to 8 volts it is probably damaged beyond repair. It may struggle on for a while but I would be budgeting for a new battery and a maintenance charger sooner rather than later. The battery is likely to collapse on you at the worst possible time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts