Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I live in Costa Rica and have a 2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon. Looking to change the rear shocks as they feel terrible. I'm moving to the beach and will be riding on Tarmac and also on dirt roads. What do you think will be the best rear shock for both of these types of riding? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
My local Ducati dealer has been installing Ohlin shocks on Scramblers. Someone on this forum mentioned Maxton shocks work great on his Scrambler. I don't have experience with either, still riding a Monster with stock suspension.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nitron get good reviews. I’ve had them on my Tiger and 800 and found them OK.
Maxton are a good company I had my 800 front done there it transformed the bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have fitted an EMC sportshock 2 to my Icon. It has 2 damping adjusters. One controls normal road riding and slow shock travel, so squat, direction changes, and smooth undulations, the other controls fast shock movement like dirt tracks with holes/lips stones etc. I think it may be ideal for you. With this system you don´t need to adjust the shock when going from road to dirt and back again. They sell them in the USA as well as europe so you should be able to get one. they cost about the same as an Ohlins but have more/better adjustability.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Guys, I live in Costa Rica and have a 2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon. Looking to change the rear shocks as they feel terrible. I'm moving to the beach and will be riding on Tarmac and also on dirt roads. What do you think will be the best rear shock for both of these types of riding? Thanks
Hi

I'm awaiting delivery of an M-shock strut, from the Shock Factory in UK/France. I'll keep you posted about the result - should be with me in around 10 days (I line in New Zealand).

Pete W

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,
I replied to you around 4 months back, re awaiting an M-shock rear unit. Well, it came, I fitted it, and I'm well pleased with the resulting ride. It's a good quality unit and Mike Capon, who owns M-Shock, is very helpful. I'm very satisfied with the damping adjustment range. New Zealand roads aren't the best, and the M-shock does a good job!

Good luck with your seasrch.

Pete W.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ohlins. Worth every penny. If you do a lot of dirt or bad roads, you might want to order a spring rate 5% (one step) less than they recommend, since their recommendation seems oriented toward hard street riding and track. I'm vhappy with it on my way up to the mountains, but once I get there, I wouldn't mind something just the slightest bit softer.

Note 1) It's possible to do the install without pulling the left passenger peg if you can find a way to improvise a torque wrench out of a hex key and length of pipe.

Note 2) Be sure to put the shock in right side up!!! Trust me on this!!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts