Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! This is my first post, and I greatly appreciate your help.

I have a Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer and have a Kriega US-20 bag that I typically have strapped on the back to throw my gym items into. I want to be able to push the bag back further when just I am on the bike (so it stops hitting me), as well as to have the ability to turn the bag sideways and strap it to a tail rack so I can have a 2nd person (my wife) on the bike at times.

I looked online for way too long and found various options, and am having a hard time choosing the best option that doesn't look trashy but is also able to hold at least a 12 pack of beer, laptop, gym clothes or whatever else without worry for breaking.

Appreciate any help on best options! Below are what I found so far...

1. Ducati OEM Tail rack - I think it is hideous, way too pricey, and I don't have a current need for holding hard cases on the back.
2. Dm Telai - nicest looking tail rack, but I have found the new steel version only supports 5KG?!!
3. Hepco & Becker Alurack - not sure if it will actually work, and if that bar comes down as seen in pictures.
4. H&B Rear Rack - not sure if it will actually work on the bike?

Thanks everyone!!

//S

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can't speak for the other options, but I have a US30 bag and the DM Telai rack. I can mount the US30 on the rack sideways and it just barely touches the seat on my icon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the complete Hepco, set up rear alum rack ( solid) and the panniers. It works great together. You can also remove the vertical bar, but works great for support, and to move the bike around. This rack also works great with the hepco topbox, clips right in. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't speak for the other options, but I have a US30 bag and the DM Telai rack. I can mount the US30 on the rack sideways and it just barely touches the seat on my icon.
Thanks kjs for the feedback. Just curious, have you had any concerns on the amount of weight being on the rack and it bending? I am hoping to avoid any concerns on safety or things bending/falling off. Ultimately, I want to make sure I can at least transport say a 30 pack on the back :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the complete Hepco, set up rear alum rack ( solid) and the panniers. It works great together. You can also remove the vertical bar, but works great for support, and to move the bike around. This rack also works great with the hepco topbox, clips right in. Good luck!
Emcosa, thanks for the picture! Do you have any other pics so I can see what is looks like from the side or further away? It looks bulky in your photo, so want to be sure as trying to avoid bulkiness on the beautiful bike.

Also, where did you both buy yours? Best place..?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks kjs for the feedback. Just curious, have you had any concerns on the amount of weight being on the rack and it bending? I am hoping to avoid any concerns on safety or things bending/falling off. Ultimately, I want to make sure I can at least transport say a 30 pack on the back :)
No way. I did 16 hours over 2 days with a 2 gallon gas pack on it and my US30 loaded to the brim with tools and other shit on top. No concerns whatsoever.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same set up. Works great. Never found weight to be an issue.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the Hepco & Becker mini rack. I like it, it's well made, flexible in use, and quite sturdy. It would be easy to build your own custom top plate if so desired as it simply bolts on. The top plate can be adjusted forward/backward about 1.5" or so.

The stated load limit is 5kg / 11lbs which has more to do with the mounts in the subframe than anything else.

Here's some photos of the installation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone! This is my first post, and I greatly appreciate your help.

I have a Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer and have a Kriega US-20 bag that I typically have strapped on the back to throw my gym items into. I want to be able to push the bag back further when just I am on the bike (so it stops hitting me), as well as to have the ability to turn the bag sideways and strap it to a tail rack so I can have a 2nd person (my wife) on the bike at times.

I looked online for way too long and found various options, and am having a hard time choosing the best option that doesn't look trashy but is also able to hold at least a 12 pack of beer, laptop, gym clothes or whatever else without worry for breaking.

Appreciate any help on best options! Below are what I found so far...

1. Ducati OEM Tail rack - I think it is hideous, way too pricey, and I don't have a current need for holding hard cases on the back.
2. Dm Telai - nicest looking tail rack, but I have found the new steel version only supports 5KG?!!
3. Hepco & Becker Alurack - not sure if it will actually work, and if that bar comes down as seen in pictures.
4. H&B Rear Rack - not sure if it will actually work on the bike?

Thanks everyone!!

//S
Hi Rick,

Bearing in mind the amount of gear you may wish to pack, have you thought of fitting the Hepco & Becker Royster bags on C-bow mounts? I've researched various options, and have just (like two days back) fitted these. They're extremely well made, neat and really suit the Scrambler. I'm well pleased, anyway!

Pete

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
that rack looks very nice, it does also have rounded head pins to hold the straps.
Yes, it looks nice. I believe it is made in Thailand.

[EDIT] it's made in Taiwan[/EDIT]

Made to order though, so it takes a while to receive it.

-Bob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not bulky.
Emcosa, thanks for the picture! Do you have any other pics so I can see what is looks like from the side or further away? It looks bulky in your photo, so want to be sure as trying to avoid bulkiness on the beautiful bike.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts