Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my scrambler doesn't have anything to hold a passenger helmet like my old CBR did.

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem ?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is always a cheap solution of getting a bike net for the rear seat, as you can put the helmet right under a net (depending on size). Such nets can be 8 to 15 bucks, depending on size.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I remove the seat and fasten mine, with the chin strap, to the 'pillion bar' when I'm parking in town for 5 (I hate carrying gear around). Never ridden like that though so can't vouch for clearances and the like but worth a punt?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Secure a mannequin head to a rear rack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
102 Posts
you can tie a strap with a carabin type hook to the passenger grab bar, but you can't travel with the helmet hanging on the side.

·
Registered
102 Posts
… legally or does it hit something it shouldn't?
It does hit the tire. :/ unless you have a saddle bag or smth.
What i did was , i used an old leather belt that goes over the seat through grab rails and attached some D rings. I can attach all sorts of stuff to the belt when i leave the bike.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm away from my bikes at the moment so can't check but Is there not little nylon loops under the seat that are used with a wee steel rope in the tool kit ?
I know that's what Ducati supplied with the Diavels.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm away from my bikes at the moment so can't check but Is there not little nylon loops under the seat that are used with a wee steel rope in the tool kit ?
I know that's what Ducati supplied with the Diavels.
Not on the US market bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts