Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Can you guys recommend a good windshield for the icon? I want it for long trips and general riding.

Thankssss

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Fullsix carbon. Keeps my chest out of the wind, and my helmet in a buffeting free breeze of air.

Good for all day 80+ mph if needed.

3BEB4E58-8E40-40DA-A238-63B6B5DEDCA9.png

·
Registered
786 Posts
Unfortunately best is both a subjective term and something that only people who have actually extensively used several screens can answer with any degree of authority. All the rest of us can do is answer with something like "I use x and it works for me".
On that note. My wife is very happy with the standard accessory fly screen. She says it makes a noticeable improvement for her with reduced wind pressure on her chest compared to no screen. She has no buffeting issues. With my limited riding of the bike I have to agree. I also have no buffeting and I wear an ADV style peaked helmet.
Unless you want to turn the Scrambler into a pseudo Gold Wing with a massive sheet of plexiglass at the front no screen is going to offer more than minimal wind pressure relief and they will all offer almost no protection from rain or cold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,
Here is my input from a person who doesn't have a windshield but also plans on buying one. I have been looking for something a little bit bigger than the flyscreen, and for a little bit I could only find gigantic ones that are just plain ugly. I found this one the other day while looking through this forum and it made me happy to know that you can find a larger windshield that doesn't completely destroy the Scrambler's good looks. On Amazon you could by the National Cycle Deflector Screen for under $130 US Dollars, and the picture on Amazon even shows it on the glorious Ducati Scrambler. Check it out!

P.s. I have heard the "National Cycle 7/8" QuickSet Deflector Screen" is the perfect size for our motorcycles, but go ahead and do your research.

https://www.amazon.com/National-Cycle-QuickSet-Deflector-Screen/dp/B071VJ4H94/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529105621&sr=8-2&keywords=National+Cycle+deflector+screen

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hello,
Here is my input from a person who doesn't have a windshield but also plans on buying one. I have been looking for something a little bit bigger than the flyscreen, and for a little bit I could only find gigantic ones that are just plain ugly. I found this one the other day while looking through this forum and it made me happy to know that you can find a larger windshield that doesn't completely destroy the Scrambler's good looks. On Amazon you could by the National Cycle Deflector Screen for under $130 US Dollars, and the picture on Amazon even shows it on the glorious Ducati Scrambler. Check it out!

P.s. I have heard the "National Cycle 7/8" QuickSet Deflector Screen" is the perfect size for our motorcycles, but go ahead and do your research.

https://www.amazon.com/National-Cycle-QuickSet-Deflector-Screen/dp/B071VJ4H94/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529105621&sr=8-2&keywords=National+Cycle+deflector+screen
Nice alternative and cheap for those looking for a bigger screen.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I decided I'd try a screen - but only because I'm going touring for a couple of days next week with friends who all have "proper" touring style bikes.
(Heading off to South Wales)

I really liked the look of the FullSix Carbon - but couldn't justify the price for something which is only going to be installed temporarily, and it would stand out being the only piece of carbon on the bike.

Considered the OEM - but again expensive. (Which is actually pretty contradictory for me considering how many other overpriced Ducati parts I've bought already)

Anyway, I've installed a Dart Piranha screen - pretty cheap. And bonus - I manged to install it myself without screwing it up!

Tried it out today at higher speeds ... it makes a difference .. but not massive.
I'll be taking it off after the tour... I prefer the naked look...
20180622_160741.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did anybody tried to install MRA Roadshield (style "RO") windshield for naked bikes? That windshield doesn't looks "cool" but it attached to bars and let you adjust airflow by changing angle.

·
Registered
734 Posts
just ordered the Rizoma low screen in black with adapters. I prefer the looks of the low screen vs the regular one, let's see once is installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just bought and fitted a Piranha from Dart Screens, I haven't ridden it yet but I like the colour (Gunmetal grey).

Update.
I've ridden it now and there a noticeable difference at 70/80 mph, much more comfortable!
I'm 5'9.

fullsizeoutput_7cdb.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, here is the National Cycle Windscreen. I think it’s a little big, but for the money it’s not bad for longer rides. I don’t think I’ll keep it on for around town cruising. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm 5'7" and my puig works really well. Much more comfortable to ride above 70 mph and wind is basically non existent if I duck down. I comfortably ran at 100-120 for about an hour straight with the occasional 130 plus spurts the past two weekends in a row and it felt great, no fatigue and still rode for two hours on top of that at slower speeds.

IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1851.JPG

1 - 20 of 44 Posts