Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1689.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG
Hi everybody!i have a big deal and don t know what to do...
My Ducati dealer wants to buy my bike!
He proposed me a brand new cafe racer if i give it to him and 2000€ On top.
Check the pictures and let me know.
I ll be able to get back the blinkers and the tank belt...not more...
My bike has almost 6000kms...

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you like the seating position on the CR, sure. But you already have a unique bike--if it fits you, why get rid of it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMG_1696.JPG
I really like the CR but some how,i feel too big on it.and no chance for a test ride...unfortunatly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldn't want a CR that a bunch of nutts had ridden but it does make it difficult to really judge how it would fit you on the street. No chance test riding my Italia beforehand but there were other scramblers to try. It's too unique a bike not to try.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the 2k on top is no biggie plus all the other money for upgrades you'd plan for the new CR then go for it. When your riding around and feeling good and comfortable it doesnt matter what bike you have in the end. Same engine other than the colour and seating position. You can actually even do a CR conversion to your bike and take that 2K and customized it and in the end it will look better, be unique and still you'd save money. My vote is take the 2k your going to spend and CR your existing bike!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Much more to it than that. 17 in wheels, premium sport bike tires, Brembo radial master cylinder, firmer suspension, clip-ons, bar-end mirrors, and seat cowl.

It would cost much more to do the upgrades for the cafe look.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
You could still install slightly higher bars on the Café Racer, and ditch the clipons...

Looks like the top triple clamp could easily host a regular bar clamp, the bolt holes are there. You may need to work out if there is enough slack on the throttle and clutch cable and the electrics depending on which bars you choose...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The clipons are not that low and are pretty comfortable. I can run the tank out before the position bothers me. I think it would look goofy with bars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the 2k on top is no biggie plus all the other money for upgrades you'd plan for the new CR then go for it. When your riding around and feeling good and comfortable it doesnt matter what bike you have in the end. Same engine other than the colour and seating position. You can actually even do a CR conversion to your bike and take that 2K and customized it and in the end it will look better, be unique and still you'd save money. My vote is take the 2k your going to spend and CR your existing bike!
Agreed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts