Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been here before but thought it worth bringing up after a couple of years have passed by…

Unfortunately I have to keep my bike outdoors. I always try and keep it covered from the elements. I'm finding the sun is the harshest one!

I have had two 'premium brand' bike covers in the 3 years I've had my bike. They can stand as much rain as you throw at them but the Sydney sun destroys them in 18 months / 2 years. the fabric becomes weak and eventually tears. Is this just something I will have to get used to or does anyone know of an uber-strong, indestructible beast out there somewhere?

Cheers!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Aldi. Have 3 of them the oldest being about 7 years old and it is only just starting to show degradation.

I've used the premium ones as well and none come even close to the Aldi ones in terms of value for money or longevity. Buy two next time they have them (about twice a year in Aus) and you will be set for years even in the sydney sun.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aldi. Have 3 of them the oldest being about 7 years old and it is only just starting to show degradation.

I've used the premium ones as well and none come even close to the Aldi ones in terms of value for money or longevity. Buy two next time they have them (about twice a year in Aus) and you will be set for years even in the sydney sun.
Thanks K1W1! I'll keep an eye out. There's an Aldi but 5 minutes walk away from me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the same problem here in Hong Kong. The sun is fierce and usually it will destroy a bike cove in a year or so.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same problem here in Hong Kong. The sun is fierce and usually it will destroy a bike cove in a year or so.
I'm certainly going to give K1W1's recommendation a go, knowing Aldi it'll be affordable lets say :). Have Aldi invaded HK yet?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just a heads-up if anyone is interested. Aldi are doing their bike stuff here in Sydney at the moment. I've bought a bike cover ($30AUD) - wasn't sure of the sizing and I've not tried it yet but I got a medium. Once I know which size to plumb for I may well buy another for the sake of 30 bucks. Thanks K1W1.

Edit: The Medium Size seems fine. Now lets see how this one goes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts