Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this video on youtube, of the bike tower for easy maintenance.

I see a lot of usages, from moving the bike around in the garage to cleaning the chain. Does anyone have experience with similar devices on other bikes? I guess if you remove one of the tires, it gets unstable due to the weight balance?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Came across this video on youtube, of the bike tower for easy maintenance.

I see a lot of usages, from moving the bike around in the garage to cleaning the chain. Does anyone have experience with similar devices on other bikes? I guess if you remove one of the tires, it gets unstable due to the weight balance?

I have one virtually the same for Ducati Diavels. Brilliant piece of kit once set up.
You only need to set it for the 1st time use then after that it just slots into the holes in the frame, pull the lever and up she goes.
Very stable and you can even sit on the bike if you want, remove both wheels or one at a time no problem.
P1000976.JPG
IMAG0069.jpg
P1000974.JPG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool!

I was not aware that you could remove the wheels and it was still stable. Thanks for the info. That makes it even more interesting. Also a good way to store it at wintertime I recon, so the rubber on the wheels don't misshape.

No need to point out the obvious, but I like your garage. Haha. A real mancave. I can see you have room for the Scrambler as well. Specially if you can move it around on a bike tower. ;)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Cool!

I was not aware that you could remove the wheels and it was still stable. Thanks for the info. That makes it even more interesting. Also a good way to store it at wintertime I recon, so the rubber on the wheels don't misshape.

No need to point out the obvious, but I like your garage. Haha. A real mancave. I can see you have room for the Scrambler as well. Specially if you can move it around on a bike tower. ;)
That photo is a wee bit out of date, now there's a KTM 1290 Superduke, two KTM 690 Supermotos, KTM RC8 and a Ducati Diavel.
God knows where the Scrambler is going, in the winter I usually pick one as an ornament for the house but that doesn't help in the summer.

P1000980.JPG
37.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Hui you are single aren't you? I mean, I love it, but... you cannot share a house with a female. If you do, I applaud you and mostly her! Hold on to that one with both hands.

The bike tower looks awesome as well! A really low profile! I like it!

I might look in to getting one of these:

^ Looks expensive though ^

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Hui you are single aren't you? I mean, I love it, but... you cannot share a house with a female. If you do, I applaud you and mostly her! Hold on to that one with both hands.

The bike tower looks awesome as well! A really low profile! I like it!

I might look in to getting one of these:

^ Looks expensive though ^
The middle and top would be expensive and continue to be, the lift at the bottom is only slightly expensive at first.
No, I'm not single and the Diavel in the house belongs to my wife so no hassle there. The Diavels were bought as a 25th anniversary in 2011. I sold mine last year when I bought my 1290 Superduke but my wifes will be kept as an ornament for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

How do you like that Widow Maker, I mean SuperDuke? That thing is a beast I am sure!
Yeah, the wife's a keeper.
The Superduke is a fantastic machine, very friendly until you poke it or annoy it. I kept hold of the Diavel until I figured out how comfortable the KTM was going to be, I knew it was going to a great machine but taking it down through Spain / Portugal to Gibraltar last year could have been a disaster.
Once I had a few hundred miles on it at home I soon new it was super comfy as well so the Diavel was sold.
When the time comes to change, it will need to something special to live up to the KTM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts