Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pu on the SW Motech Blaze System today. Plenty of others have reviewed it. but here's my $0.02 worth

1) Installation's easy, but the instructions don't note which mounting plate goes on the right and which goes on the left. it makes a difference. One way works. The other doesn't. Test-fit them before you bolt everything else together, then realize you got them switched and have to take everything apart and do it again. Trust me on this one :)

2) Don't drop the washer for the right-hand strap so that it falls through the slots in your exhaust heatshield. Do not do this thing. Trust me on this one too :)

3) The straps for the safety buckles are two feet long. They only need to be two inches long. You can velcro them up like the instructions say and pretend the velcro will never come loose and leaving the 1'10" of unneeded length free to wrap around the rear wheel oops crunch smash, or you can cut them short, then flame and stitch the ends over so they can't pull through. Takes all of 15 minutes. Or less.

4) It's a nice piece of kit, easy to throw on and off the bike, sturdy, and stable. Will it last four years and 40,00 miles? I suppose I'll know in four years and 40,000 miles.

5) it has enough room to stuff a daybag in one side if you stuff its contents in the other. You can also store your jacket on one side and overpants on the other when you stop by the coffeehouse to brag about your spiffy new saddlebag system,

6) They're narrow enough for my wife to squeeze her Kawasaki past my Scrambler, the mountain bikes, and the hang glider rack in the garage.

7) In looks it's somewhere between the retro look of traditional saddlebags and the, "Greetings Earthlings! We have come here to harvest your race as food animals or keep you as beloved household pets!" look of the Hepco&Becker's Royster Saddlebag/Spacecraft Propulsion Pod system.

Would I buy it again? No need, I already have one!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the review. Others have reported rubbing on the body panels. Do you notice any potential wear spots yet? Some photos would be great to :05.18-flustered:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some shots. I haven't spotted any potential wear spots yet. It's not as if the Scrambler has any body panels for the bags to rub on. I imagine there might eventually be some wear where the strap goes over the seat, but it's wide, doesn't seem to move around, and if I'm forced to replace the stock seat with a Corbin some day, my heart will not be irreparably broken :) The closest the bags come to touching anything they shouldn't is the rear turn signals, which they miss by am adequate margin. I've also included shots of mounting strap. You can see why I might have wanted to get rid of the extra 2'!

And oh yes, I finally spotted that washer I lost. It seems to have bounced, rolled 18' acros the floor, and ended up on the opposite side of the garage. Cool! I may give it another got to see if I can pull this off again! :)
f01_IMG_1421.x3r40.jpg f02_IMG_1422.x3r40.JPG f03_IMG_1427.x3r40..jpg f04_IMG_1423.x3r40.jpg f05_IMG_1425.x3r40.jpg f06_IMG_1424.x3r40.JPG f07_IMG_1428.x3r40.JPG f08_IMG_1420.x3r60.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts