Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually go with K&N but since they don't make a filter to fit the scrambler, looks like BMC is it for a high flow reusable filter.

My problem, they don't seem to have a distributor in the USA. If I have to order from overseas I will, but don't know who is stocking them for the scrambler.

Anyone order one from somewhere? Did you get standard or race?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I usually go with K&N but since they don't make a filter to fit the scrambler, looks like BMC is it for a high flow reusable filter.

My problem, they don't seem to have a distributor in the USA. If I have to order from overseas I will, but don't know who is stocking them for the scrambler.

Anyone order one from somewhere? Did you get standard or race?
I bought mine off of Amazon.. Do NOT get the "race" version - it flows way too freely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone was wondering, it is part number FM452/08 for the standard high flow non - race version. It fits many ducati models but the amazon listing does not list it specifically for the scrambler. The BCM site does though.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thank you for those details. I'd be interested to see pictures of the install if you feel like posting them up.

Sarah

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just put in the BMC filter. Took about 30 minutes because a screw fell on top of the front head and I couldn't find it. Not difficult at all, just make sure you have a set of round head Allen wrenches as they are easier to get into the tight spots. Didn't take any pics, but it's pretty self explanatory. The post above lays it out pretty well. Easy as...
Take off side fairings
Unbolt regulator
Take off screws to airbox cover
Remove air filter

Reinstalling is just reversing the steps.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Glad you found the runaway screw, something like that happens to me every time. Thanks for posting back on the install.

Sarah

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you found the runaway screw, something like that happens to me every time. Thanks for posting back on the install.

Sarah
Yeah. The screw. It does seem to happen every time. And half my tools (including my magnetic pickup tool) are still at my old house. Had to fish it out with a long screwdriver. Thought I was going nuts until I spotted it.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
The K&N is not a direct bolt on. I had to modify it to fit. I will post pictures. Works perfect though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts