Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But not till the end of June! Reason behind that is that hopefully all the accessories I've ordered will have turned up and they can be fitted at the same time :)

Dealer said as long as it's under 1000 miles it should be ok :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mines going in tomorrow. I had only requested a lower seat but since mines been sculpted I won't need it unless it's lower! I had a two week wait for my the service ..

·
Registered
25 Posts
my first service was today at ducati miami :( price for the service was super high, the told me was ducati standard for US, oil cartridge900 m996 b/03 $18,40 (standart price), 4 bottles Advance 4T 15w50 $15.00 each, total = $60.00, (really needs 4 bottles? i don't know much about moto engines) plus 1.5 hour labor $ 157.00 + $12.85 shop supplies , total $252.00, but what really upset me was and extra charge or 2 hour labor $210.00 to install the full throttle handle bar, that i purchased at the same dealer!! real time labor to replace the new bar wasn't more than 25 minutes!!! i was in the shop watching the whole time while the handle bar was replaced!! the service manager told me that the 2 hour charge was because the mechanic and him change the handelbar together!! i believe is not a Ducati standard for the US. i have an order at the same store for the belly pan engine protector, it haven't arrive yet at the store, i tried to cancel it and i want my money back, the sale manager told me that is not possible refund money even if i haven't get the merchandise yet!! they can give me a credit to buy any other product at the store. :( very disappointed about costumer service at ducati miami!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
So I guess the 229.00 I was quoted for the first service wasn't out of the realm of things. Sorry you're having a lousy experience with the dealer, I Know how that puts a dampener on you excitement of owning a new bike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's crazy they charged so much to install the handlebars. The other costs are unfortunately pretty routine. There's no way I'm using Shell 4T oil because it's so expensive in the USA. Motul 7100 is what I'm planning on and it's about 40 bucks for a gallon. Motorcycle oil is expensive, and the Ducati engine uses a gallon of it (crazy given my 1-3 gallon capacity of all my other motorcycles ever.) I'd probably complain to corporate Ducati about the two-men = 2x the bill. Especially on a service that a complete moron could figure out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My dealer told me just to call in a few days before to have the first service done. Price would be around 180 euros.
My FT handlebars where installed free of charge by delivery of the bike. I suppose it depends on the dealer and the service they wanna give you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine is in on Thursday for it's first service :icon_bounce:. I'm looking forward to the Termi-up map installation and new picking up new bars. I've managed to get a set of Pro-tapers for only AUS$100. They wanted two hours labour to install...I'll do it myself for only the cost of two beers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine too on thursday :wav:

Is it so I only may open the throttle till 7500rpm for the next 1500km (Total 2500km)? :oops::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's bad service if you just bought the bike from them. My dealership is backed up too, but they'll turn new bikes you bought from them in a day. I got a same day appointment to pick up the following day.
My dealer will also get new owners, that bought the bike from them, in right away for the first service. They'll even supply a loaner so you can go get a bite to eat, while they're servicing the bike.

It's only smart that dealers do this, so as not to leave a bad initial impression, at least as far as service goes. As my dealer explained it to me: they know you just recently got the bike - you're still very excited and don't want interruptions to your riding time. You just want to get out and ride!

In addition, the first service is almost always very simple........change the oil and filter and go over the bike checking for loose fasteners, or anything else that looks out of the ordinary(very rare on a new bike) if it was assembled properly. A computer readout will also be required for many newer models. For this reason, in most cases, the dealer should be able to accommodate the new owner.

From a marketing point of view, it's easy to see the benefits of priority scheduling for the first service. It certainly builds up dealer loyalty, and you're apt to tell your friends about the great service. Far better that, than complaining to everyone you run into, about the crappy service......after you just spent a tidy sum on a new bike.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All my extra bits aren't in yet apparently. :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is it really only possible to get the service light reset at the dealer? My dealer just quoted me $320.00 + tax. Said the initial service is 2.5hours? :protest: Seriously?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, at the moment, it's the only way to MAYBE get it reset. Some dealers have trouble getting a handshake to Italy and/or figuring it out. Four quarts of liquid gold and some loose nut checks is spendy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just got my first service done too. :)
Oil-filter 1 10,86
Gasket 1 0,41
Oil 1 64,58
Work 1 53,00
and some taxes. Total: 164,38 euro

My dealer installed the gear indicator too. Took quit some time, at least 1 hour. Had to pay noting for it o_O

·
Registered
28 Posts
my first service was today at ducati miami :( price for the service was super high, the told me was ducati standard for US, oil cartridge900 m996 b/03 $18,40 (standart price), 4 bottles Advance 4T 15w50 $15.00 each, total = $60.00, (really needs 4 bottles? i don't know much about moto engines) plus 1.5 hour labor $ 157.00 + $12.85 shop supplies , total $252.00, but what really upset me was and extra charge or 2 hour labor $210.00 to install the full throttle handle bar, that i purchased at the same dealer!! real time labor to replace the new bar wasn't more than 25 minutes!!! i was in the shop watching the whole time while the handle bar was replaced!! the service manager told me that the 2 hour charge was because the mechanic and him change the handelbar together!! i believe is not a Ducati standard for the US. i have an order at the same store for the belly pan engine protector, it haven't arrive yet at the store, i tried to cancel it and i want my money back, the sale manager told me that is not possible refund money even if i haven't get the merchandise yet!! they can give me a credit to buy any other product at the store. :( very disappointed about costumer service at ducati miami!!
Thank you for posting poor dealer performance. This is a big help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts