Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An MT-07, and sold the Scrambler to some folks down in Memphis. Wishing you all happy trails, hope you rack up the miles and enjoy those bikes.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
An MT-07, and sold the Scrambler to some folks down in Memphis. Wishing you all happy trails, hope you rack up the miles and enjoy those bikes.

Sarah
Shame Sarah you'll be missed. How many miles did you rack up on the scrambler?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
28,850; no problems whatsoever, except for one of the fuel pump connections.

Sarah

·
Registered
897 Posts
My neighbor has a MT-07. He has done around 5000 miles on it since he got it in January. Nice little bike but I do find it a little lacking in character to ride compared to the Scrambler.
Good luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody. I loved the Scrambler, but we ride lots of miles and the valve maintenance was always a pain, but the crapped out fuel connector drove the nail in the coffin. I do miss some aspects of the Scrambler's character, but the Yamaha is a happy bike and I appreciate it more with every ride.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanks everybody. I loved the Scrambler, but we ride lots of miles and the valve maintenance was always a pain, but the crapped out fuel connector drove the nail in the coffin. I do miss some aspects of the Scrambler's character, but the Yamaha is a happy bike and I appreciate it more with every ride.

Sarah
How did you fix the fuel connector? Was it a new pump?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just bought a Yamaha too. SR400. Mag wheels, SC Project pipe, YSS front suspension kit, Öhlins, tracker seat & bar, stubby fender, paint job. Nice.
Keeping my Ducati for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bye bye, Sarah.
It's a real pitty when you leave. You have been more than a usual member, more a very kind moderator who motivated people to finish their begun stories. You made -or gave hints on- very helpful threads, thank you!
My personal opinion on Yamaha: very very good, better than Ducati Scrambler

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for those kind words Scraxxl, I enjoyed every mile on the Scrambler and every conversation here.

Armo, post up what you know about the connector fix so folks will have it handy. Is there a story to go with that picture?

Sarah

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Thank you for those kind words Scraxxl, I enjoyed every mile on the Scrambler and every conversation here.

Armo, post up what you know about the connector fix so folks will have it handy. Is there a story to go with that picture?

Sarah
Hi Sarah,

I've ordered x 4 from America last night, I did a bit of searching on the net after your post and found a designer who is a scrambler owner who had the same issue as yourself, so he/she designed a locking system for holding the fuel line in the pump and placed it on a site where companies will 3d print the design using various materials.

The r&d is only using it on their own scrambler but they explained they've done quite a few miles now without any issues.
They said when designing the clip it is so strong they had to break it to get it off. They were cheap $17 for x 4. I'll post up a link when back at home.

Cheers

Armo

·
Registered
192 Posts

Sarah
I just read another thread where the theme was that the XSR900 has no character and it says that about the MT07 in this thread too. I had a 2016 classic and I loved it, but after owning an XSR900 and now an FJ09 (both the same bike as MT09 with different trim) i loved them more. I have to say, I got a lot more looks, attention and compliments on the Scrambler but when it comes to riding there's no contest. I just spent the past holiday weekend crawling along the ocean in New Hampshire at 30 mph, then blasting through the twisty back roads and then cranking up the Maine turnpike at 80 to 110 and it excels at all. The MT07 is cut from the same cloth and you'll love it, especially on long trips on really hot days....and they're pretty bulletproof.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent Armo, thank you! We'll want to post that info in the How-To forum for sure.

Thanks Chester, I'm having a fine time on the MT, no regrets at all. Glad to hear you are enjoying the FJ, too.

Sarah

·
Registered
74 Posts
greer — You wouldn't happen to be related to Dewey Greer? I bought my first motorcycle from him back in 2009 (an old Yamaha SR500) and he drove it from Kentucky to Pennsylvania for me. I still have it with me even after moving to the opposite coast.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't think so Brandon, I've never heard that name come up at any of my husband's family gatherings. Sounds like a neat guy though, nice bike, too.

Sarah

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congrats Sarah. You will be missed. Can't blame you. I myself love the XSR900. It's a much better bike in terms of tech/power etc...looks good too. It just doesn't sound as good and never will :)

If I didn't get my Italia, I probably would have ended up with the XSR900.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts