Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i'm only posting this here because i have full-throttle bars on my icon.

are these supposed to fit? can anyone help? appreciate any help

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
You need something that's 7/8" in diameter. Either the bars, or you need bar ends that have a groove that is 7/8" diameter.

Like this (but check the bars' inner diameter before you buy).

Looks like they call these things bar end mirror adapters.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Post up a couple of photos, might be easier to offer a bit of advise. I've got bar end mirrors on my full throttle and they are a bit of a pain to fit.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can fit the CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter bar end mirrors one of two ways on the Full Throttle bars:

- Buy the CRG bar end mirror mount extensions, see CRG Billet Internal Adapter For CRG Bar End Mirror

With these you remove the stock bar end caps, insert the mirror mount extensions, and then fit the mirrors to the extensions per the instructions that came with them. I did this on my bike. Only thing I don't like about it is that the FT bars are a bit too wide for my preferences as they are, this makes them visually a little wider still. But the extensions work well and the mirrors hold position very nicely, with no blurry buzziness.

- Relocate the standard controls and grips about a half inch inwards on the handlebar, then fit the CRG mirrors directly to the ends of the bar. Use the stock Ducati end caps on the bar to finish it.

To do this, you either have to remove the locating pegs on the control switch clusters or drill new locating holes on the bar so you can reposition them. Personally, I'd just remove the pegs ... the control switch clusters clamp snugly enough on the bars without them to prevent movement, and for extra security a thin piece of tape or rubber cement applied to the bar under where they mount will absolutely prevent any movement. I like being able to position them more freely this way so I can rotate the bar to suit me best, not to suit some designer's notion of how I want to hold my hands on the bars... :)

That's about it ... the CRG mirrors work much better for me than the stock mirrors: I can see more area behind and to the side of me, they're in a place I can glance to more easily with my eyes, etc.

(Note: I've decided that the FT bars are simply too wide for me, and a little too close. They force me into a very upright riding position due to my long torso, which means at highway speeds my shoulders and helmet are constantly being buffeted by the wind. I'm moving to one of the Rizoma bars (which one yet to be determined) and will mount the CRGs directly on the bar outboard of the controls. There's enough space...)

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Unscrew the bolt only two turns, tap it softly with a small hammer, pull out the bar end eith some pliers.

(It works as an expander bolt)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts