Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just discovered that the rubber cover of the brake line from master cylinder to ABS CPU is crushed at the part behind the main headlight.
I am planning to replace the stock ones with HEL Performacne UK lines.
There will be 4 lines in the set, 2 for front brake and 2 for rear brake.
1. From master cylinder to ABS CPU
2. From ABS CPU to the front caliper

The problem is HEL as well as some other brands do not have preset kit for Ducati Scrambler.
They do offer custom cable, which is cool, but will require exact measurements.

Does anybody has a reference to any technical documents, or have done the brake line upgrade that can help to share the exact measurements so I can order the custom cable set.

I realized that I can measure the current lines, but since part of it still hidden under the tank and other curves... which will end up in bad measure result, and the new brake lines will be completely useless.
Banjo, connectors... are there and easy to inspect, but I cannot take risk in this one.

Looking forward to your experience and information.
Nice week ahead guys,

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi guys,
Just discovered that the rubber cover of the brake line from master cylinder to ABS CPU is crushed at the part behind the main headlight.
I am planning to replace the stock ones with HEL Performacne UK lines.
There will be 4 lines in the set, 2 for front brake and 2 for rear brake.
1. From master cylinder to ABS CPU
2. From ABS CPU to the front caliper

The problem is HEL as well as some other brands do not have preset kit for Ducati Scrambler.
They do offer custom cable, which is cool, but will require exact measurements.

Does anybody has a reference to any technical documents, or have done the brake line upgrade that can help to share the exact measurements so I can order the custom cable set.

I realized that I can measure the current lines, but since part of it still hidden under the tank and other curves... which will end up in bad measure result, and the new brake lines will be completely useless.
Banjo, connectors... are there and easy to inspect, but I cannot take risk in this one.

Looking forward to your experience and information.
Nice week ahead guys,
I’ve done the brake lines on a couple of Scramblers but only to tidy up the washing line at the front and route them more conventionally. I made my own inorder to get the lengths just right, maybe you could consider this.
Having ABS the lines are already steel braided so there’s no performance benefit to be had by replacing them, unless it’s for a different outer finish then there’s no point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve done the brake lines on a couple of Scramblers but only to tidy up the washing line at the front and route them more conventionally. I made my own inorder to get the lengths just right, maybe you could consider this.
Having ABS the lines are already steel braided so there’s no performance benefit to be had by replacing them, unless it’s for a different outer finish then there’s no point.
Thanks for your information.
I am more into decorative actually. I would rather had it re-route and get away from any possible abrasion points.
That help to save a lot.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts