Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Brake Lever Travel

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  stevieG 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced the brake lever occasionally touch the grip before becoming effective. I even had one instance of it pulling right in and still being able to roll the 'bike. All of these have occurred when stationary. Fluid is full. No sponginess and just had first service, although it hadn't done it prior to this.
Taking it back to service but would like to know if it may be a fault?

#3 ·
I know, but there isn't. There's no spongy feeling when the lever is pulled and it's mostly OK. It actually feels like the fluid is getting past the piston in the master cylinder when it does happen but you would expect it to be every time, not once every so often. If I find anything when it goes in, I'll post it for general info. Thanks for getting back.

#9 ·
I experienced the same thing recently. Not sure but is seemed to be worst on colder morning. I changed the fluid and seems to be better but its also been warmer since so not sure what was the root cause. I also have after market levers and speculated that the way I had them adjusted was not allowing the piston to return all the way so I made some changes there as well.

#15 ·
You're absolutely right with the clutch side it's miles away. I found the brake lever having four adjustments I was able to find a good fit. However the quality of the levers are not particularly high , and could do with changing. Just not sure which brand or type to go for .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.