Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed it tonight, I changed my levers for some pazzos the other night, now the brake light is constantly ON.

Before I take everything off again, I rather ask if someone had a similar issue, or a simple answer to what could this be?

I don't think the brake light switch is broken, the only logical answer is that I screwed something up changing levers, something is not having enough contact.

Thanx.

·
Registered
290 Posts
When you removed the OEM lever there's a small piece of round black plastic that fits into the assembly that's fitted onto the bars, this has a habit of falling out so remove the Passo lever to see if it's still there.

Geoff

·
Registered
564 Posts
When you removed the OEM lever there's a small piece of round black plastic that fits into the assembly that's fitted onto the bars, this has a habit of falling out so remove the Passo lever to see if it's still there.

Geoff
If you have lost it (like I did) I found a perfect substitute to be the unthreaded tip of a registration (license) plate plastic bolt.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Geoff

took me an hour to find it on my garage floor when i changed out the levers ....hahah

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well Dave I have to admit to doing the same (what a pair of t****rs) but with luck when I moved the bike the little black piece fell onto the garage floor....happy days.!!

Geoff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:dontknow:

Anybody have a picture of this little plastic piece, I've spend 15 minutes looking around my garage, found nothing. Damnit, will have to phone Ducati service and ask if they have spares. Bet its a $6000 part or something ridiculous like that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I went to the dealer today, you can't buy the part, but you can buy the brake switch, which is $54 and the little knob comes with it.

Boom. You're it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts