Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Last week I changed the brake light with a led one (generic). I noticed the light was always on high beam, like when are you breaking, so I mounted back the original one but the problem still persists. Do you have any idea what could it be?

Thanks so so much!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It's possibly either the switch on the front brake lever or at the foot pedal. Could the problem have already existed before doing the light but you just didn't notice until testing it after fitting?
If either switches are displaced it would default to the stop light on, especially after fitting new levers etc. The rear one is easily seen under the pedal, you'll see how the adjuster bolt collides with the switch. If you listen carefully when activating the front brake lever quickly you should hear the switch clicking on and off. If you can't hear it then it's possibly not activating.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
^^ with Hui

Changed the front brake lever by any chance? There’s a tiny rubber (?) grommet thingy between the lever and the actual brake light switch which is pretty easy to lose and finicky to put back. If that is missing the brake light will always stay on.

It’s like 2mm in diameter and 3-4mm long.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope I didn’t. Everything seems fine on both foot pedal and brake lever... any other ideas?

Thanks so much guys!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
My simple electronics brain says it's either one of these two switches, or you wired the rear light incorrectly somehow.... :frown-new:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks mate! I'll double check tonight. Just in case, we don't have any fuse that might be broken?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi all!

Last week I changed the brake light with a led one (generic). I noticed the light was always on high beam, like when are you breaking, so I mounted back the original one but the problem still persists. Do you have any idea what could it be?

Thanks so so much!
Not sure if this might be the same issue or not, but my 1100 did this when brand new and the brake hand lever was sticking just enough to keep the brake light lit up while the bike was on. I took the lever off, greased the grommet and reassembled it, and so far no issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if this might be the same issue or not, but my 1100 did this when brand new and the brake hand lever was sticking just enough to keep the brake light lit up while the bike was on. I took the lever off, greased the grommet and reassembled it, and so far no issues.
Thx mate I’ll try that as well!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys!

Checked, triple checked everything and they still doesn’t work!

I noticed today that my horn/clacson doesn’t work as well. Maybe it’s related?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
So you dropped your bike, and the microswitch has moved?

As far as I know there is a tiny rubber/plastic grommet like thingy at 1) activating the microswitch at 2) through the perch. The microswitch seems to be dislocated (or broken).

duc switch.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
A drop indeed lol. I thought the bike came out unscathed but I guess not. I shudder at the thought of riding around for the last 2-3 months with what amounts to no indication of breaking (from the perspective of drivers behind me)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts