Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to adjust my brake pedal up so that when I am standing I have a little better angle at it. It looks like there is some ability to adjust it but not sure of the process. I have looked for video but haven't found any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am wanting to adjust my brake pedal up so that when I am standing I have a little better angle at it. It looks like there is some ability to adjust it but not sure of the process. I have looked for video but haven't found any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You just have to loosen a little bit the screw and it has two nuts in the lever with that you can lower it or make it higher you tight it again and that it

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
The manual is self explanatory. Sharing the page here in case you haven't seen it already.
Screenshot_20201213_204711.jpg

There are two parts to play with - a nut (for position) and a rod (for freeplay). You should adjust these in combination to achieve your desired position.

There are two problems I encountered when I did this:
1. The rod limits adjustability because you are limited by the thread length engraved on the rod. Mine is set to the lowest (making the rod longest possible) and this still isn't unfortunately enough for my desired setting.
2. The nut is in a hard to reach spot. A t-socket spanner or a wrench spanner with a flexible head is necessary. A long nose plier may do it too but you risk rounding the edges.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have rear braek issues too, So Have just ordered a break peg shoe, which will make it a tad higher, and a bigger purchase area, and if still lacking, I will do the adjustments as mentioned above. But I think the shoe will giv me the little extra I require for offroad use:
Motorbike For Ducati Scrambler 400 800 1100 2015 2020 Rear Foot Brake Lever Pedal Enlarge Extension Rear Brake Peg Pad Extender|Foot Rests| - AliExpress
It's a Desert sled?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My apologies, however the listing for the brake shoe does say it will fit a desert sled, that was really what my input was about.
Oh I didn't see the listing just wanted to ask because if it isn't put a protector plate under the oil filter it's extremely easy to puncture it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh I didn't see the listing just wanted to ask because if it isn't put a protector plate under the oil filter it's extremely easy to puncture it

Yep, as I said before, I am only mentioning about the brake shoe to increase the purchase area, and height of the brake pedal. Nothing about the oil filter or a bash plate, which I am sure sleds come with, a bash plate.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep, as I said before, I am only mentioning about the brake shoe to increase the purchase area, and height of the brake pedal. Nothing about the oil filter or a bash plate, which I am sure sleds come with, a bash plate.
Sorry the bike on you're profile doesn't look like a DS but what do I know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry the bike on you're profile doesn't look like a DS but what do I know.

OK, I never said my bike was a Desert Sled. But to clarify, Mine is an Icon, but heavily modified, with Andreani Front Shocks, and Nitron RS2 rear shock, Pivot Pegs, Mitas E07+ Tyres, high front fender, Crash Bars, Bash Plate, Bark Busters, LED front light, and a few other subtle changes. I use mine mostly offroad. I hope this resolves the desert sled comment.
All the best from NZ
Cheers Col

1 - 12 of 12 Posts