Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the best way :)

y'day and today I spent two days in Tuscany on "Eroica" trail (this is the official site of the permanent open track)

almost 600 km in two days, of which more than 200 on unpaved roads, the weather was crazy..... rainy, sunny, muddy.... coming back home big shower..... I'm happy but destroyed.

the bike is almost ok, today I rode from 09.30 to 17.30.... no lunch, just gasoline (twice) and a couple of stops for pictures.... after 5 or 6 hrs the saddle is uncomfortable... the saddle bag for sure forced me to stay in same position all day long... but y'day I fixed it far from my spot and I almost lost it... :)

the real issue is the rear mono.... the rear wheel was dumping a lot.... (the saddle bag almost lost, and a rear indicator not working now :) ) adding the rapid throttle, on heavy dumped trail, I'was fighting a while.....

some pics:

first day approaching Eroica, with friends:

rain...

mud...

a lot.....

day 2 Eroica (alone)

next stop is 1st service, just the rear indicator not working, and a couple of time, on downshifting, the engine "cioff" and "dead". remeber to open the throttle :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

y'day and today I spent two days in Tuscany on "Eroica" trail (this is the official site of the permanent open track)

almost 600 km in two days, of which more than 200 on unpaved roads, the weather was crazy..... rainy, sunny, muddy.... coming back home big shower..... I'm happy but destroyed.

the bike is almost ok, today I rode from 09.30 to 17.30.... no lunch, just gasoline (twice) and a couple of stops for pictures.... after 5 or 6 hrs the saddle is uncomfortable... the saddle bag for sure forced me to stay in same position all day long... but y'day I fixed it far from my spot and I almost lost it... :)

the real issue is the rear mono.... the rear wheel was dumping a lot.... (the saddle bag almost lost, and a rear indicator not working now :) ) adding the rapid throttle, on heavy dumped trail, I'was fighting a while.....

some pics:

rain...

mud...

a lot.....

day 2 Eroica (alone)

next stop is 1st service, just the rear indicator not working, and a couple of time, on downshifting, the engine "cioff" and "dead". remeber to open the throttle :)
That's a proper 'Dirty weekend'

·
Registered
29 Posts

some pics:

rain...

mud...

a lot.....

day 2 Eroica (alone)

That's a proper 'Dirty weekend'
Awesome that's some serious action, love it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep... the issue on the rear indicator is due to "shaking"... the bulb is ok and now, after I gently hit twice, it works again.... however I'm execting it will stop next bump :)

p.s.
the rubber under the seat holding the tools bag has been lost....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.... uhm... I forgot.... to underline

don't worry to take the Scrambler on dirty road, the issues I suffered did not occur on the unpaved roads in pictures that are almost flat, but on "wood's trail" with stones and holes.... where riding was hardest and can't leave the handlebars to shot pictures.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
.... uhm... I forgot.... to underline

don't worry to take the Scrambler on dirty road, the issues I suffered did not occur on the unpaved roads in pictures that are almost flat, but on "wood's trail" with stones and holes.... where riding was hardest and can't leave the handlebars to shot pictures.
I'm sure you already know. You'll need to lower tyre pressures for unpaved roads by quite a bit.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah... unfortunately I'm really really worry abt punks..... I saw my "tyreman" fit my Continental TKC80 on the wheel..... it is almost impossibile to detach it from the wheel without the proper pnumatic equipment.....is a 180/55 with tubeless frame.......

You know, lowering the pressure means absorb dumpies and have more traction, but the dark side is the inner tube could be pinched by wheel's edge.... and what than you'll need is a new tube.... (almost 1kg and a lot of space on your back pack...) this is a problem.... none would like to replace a tube on this tyre..... most probably, this winter, I'll ship the wheels to be treated to be used without tubes because they really worry me once on low pressures

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah... unfortunately I'm really really worry abt punks..... I saw my "tyreman" fit my Continental TKC80 on the wheel..... it is almost impossibile to detach it from the wheel without the proper pnumatic equipment.....is a 180/55 with tubeless frame.......

You know, lowering the pressure means absorb dumpies and have more traction, but the dark side is the inner tube could be pinched by wheel's edge.... and what than you'll need is a new tube.... (almost 1kg and a lot of space on your back pack...) this is a problem.... none would like to replace a tube on this tyre..... most probably, this winter, I'll ship the wheels to be treated to be used without tubes because they really worry me once on low pressures
I take it the spoked wheels don't have security bolts?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Just don't go too low, not like true motor-cross, just find a nice compromise as you'll also be traveling on hard road to and from your play area.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just don't go too low, not like true motor-cross, just find a nice compromise as you'll also be traveling on hard road to and from your play area.
yeah.... but if you mix this to the rear mono hard spring..... the bike was jumping every where

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is one of the hardest points... What looks like a small hole filled by water, was a trap of mud... We all then stayed on the left

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts