Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can see the Rev limiter and hear the cut pop two or three times rapid in one portion but can't read the speedo.

I try to stay below 80

·
Registered
182 Posts
Call that a backroad - didn't see too many rough/damaged surfaces, patches, tar snakes or potholes and certainly no timber bridges? Around my way we would call that a well maintained major road.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's typical rural California Backroad riding.
Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia...all have rural roads that provide many differing scenarios.

Are you trying to suggest that the route shown in the video is not challenging given the velocity demonstrated??? ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Always suggest suiting up, then sprint toward and jump/dive into guardrail. Repeat, save for sliding instead of jumping.
This approximates what it'd be like getting off at 5 MPH...

Adjust cornering speed to give braking distance necessary to achieve your maximum acceptable "get off" speed

Enjoy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Call that a backroad - didn't see too many rough/damaged surfaces, patches, tar snakes or potholes and certainly no timber bridges? Around my way we would call that a well maintained major road.
There's no way that's a major road in densely populated areas in CA.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I didn't watch every second of it, but that road looked a little too straight for my taste. I don't think I'd call it the "twisties"

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't watch every second of it, but that road looked a little too straight for my taste. I don't think I'd call it the "twisties"
Agreed, it's not Deal's Gap. A few too many sideroads, drives, etc...for that action imo

Google Brockway Mountain Drive...the descent into Copper Harbor is short yet quite challenging...very rough heaved deteriorated asphalt and no runout areas. No side roads save for the scenic overlook turnabout.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Letting the MultiStrada cover your six!!!

Notice the Sport touring squid crossing the paint

·
Registered
788 Posts
Backroad... Ha! That would be a major A road in the UK.

I can't figure out who wins in this situation though...
What I do know, is that the Scrambler is a lot more bike than people realise. Especially now I've had it mapped, it pulls up to 90 pretty rapidly.
The suspension just needs sorting to help the tyres stick to our torn up 'roads.'

·
Registered
564 Posts
Backroad... Ha! That would be a major A road in the UK.

I can't figure out who wins in this situation though...
What I do know, is that the Scrambler is a lot more bike than people realise. Especially now I've had it mapped, it pulls up to 90 pretty rapidly.
The suspension just needs sorting to help the tyres stick to our torn up 'roads.'
I was thinking exactly the same.
Come over here and ride our back roads,strewn with leaves,gravel and usually pretty moist and bends you cannot see around,then I'll be impressed with those speeds.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was thinking exactly the same.
Come over here and ride our back roads,strewn with leaves,gravel and usually pretty moist and bends you cannot see around,then I'll be impressed with those speeds.
Ha! That's what I'm saying. 100, 115, 135HP
In a 400 lb bike with 5" suspension travel on crap surface roads...not going to happen

Husqvarna TE300 with appropriate footwear

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's typical rural California Backroad riding.
Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia...all have rural roads that provide many differing scenarios.

Are you trying to suggest that the route shown in the video is not challenging given the velocity demonstrated??? ;)
Certainly not mate, the pace appears to be quite brisk. I could only ride at that pace on major roads and rural highways, and then only in short bursts with my eyes wide open for lurking Hwy Patrol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have had to opportunity to ride a large variety of bikes through the Appalachian twisties.

The Scrambler is the most fun for me because of the relaxed riding position and the ease of handling.

Of course, mine is not stock in the seat/suspension categories, upgrades well worth a couple grand IMHO...

The Scrambler is very "forgiving", I think is the best term.

I can be leaned over in the middle of a turn and still be making stress-free corrections/adjustments.

Bends just feel "straighter" on a Scrambler.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts