Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried the British Customs Corsa Moto Seat? Looks like a custom exterior and a gel pad interior. Also looks like it flattens out the curve in the stock seat. Just curious if anyone has any experience with it. Retail is $369. Corsa Moto Brown Diamond Stitch Seat Kit for Ducati Scrambler
upload_2016-11-15_19-15-29.png

Here is their description of the seat.

"The Corsa Moto Brown Diamond Stitch Seat Kit for Ducati Scambler is not only a significant visual upgrade but also a performance upgrade. Corsa Moto engineered this seat to capture the vintage Ducati look of the ‘60s while delivering an unparalleled twenty-first century performance product. Corsa Moto Seat Kits feature Hybrid Gel Technology and marine grade vinyl for a firm, supportive surface for your Ducati Scrambler. The Corsa Moto Retro Brown Diamond Stitch Seat Kit is more comfortable and sexier than your bike’s OEM seat.

Features:

• Designed to capture the look of the vintage Ducati
  • Hybrid Gel Technology
  • Quick and easy installation
  • Cleans up any bike’s aesthetics"

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed about the British Customs seat ad. I think the nice thing about it is that it seems like it might actually be a lot more comfortable with the gel pad. Also it doesn't require adding new side panels. Their brown one kind of tricks the eye into thinking that the seat is flatter and not as thick by using a second strip of black material to cover the bottom section of the seat. I think these bikes look really good with a smaller flatter seat where you see some of the frame like the Mugello. But they also require new side panels and I have seen any that really look all that great, including the Mugello ones. Also it sounds like a few people have had issues with their orders from Mugello. I saw another post on here for a leather guy up in Seattle who re-wraps/reworks seats that look really nice. Larson Upholstery. Larson Upholstery

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah I'd still like to hear of someone who tried it as well. Here is another pic from their website below. I like the Larson guys leather covers above but they are only covers and don't address the comfort issue. I'm thinking about just taking mine to a local upholsterer here in San Diego and get a quote on getting a gel pad and a custom cover done.

Off topic but what crash bars do you have Sarah? greer

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just put in an order for one of these from revzilla. I will update, of course, when I can give an opinion. Any advice on installation would be great, never done anything like this. The British Customs website has pictoral instructions. I ordered the brown, I like the way the black "panel" makes it look like a flat seat.

I will look at some local places just to get quotes on installation too.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The British Customs is a replacement seat, so it should clip in place just like the factory seat with no installation worries. Post back and let us know how you like it, looks very nice from the web pictures.

Sarah

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will be pleasantly surprised if it is a complete seat but I'm pretty sure it's just a cover for the scrambler. They have a link to installation instructions. At $369 you'd think it'd be more than just a cover. It appears to be thicker and flatter too, and maybe a little narrower. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I apologize grey.hound, you are right. Looking at it on Revzilla's site, it reads like a complete seat, at least to me. I'm betting a local upholster will tack it on for not much money, especially if you hand over the factory pan ready for the kit. The Ducati cover and foam come off easy, just a flat blade screwdriver to pry out the staples. Good luck, and let us know.

Sarah

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, that looks good too. I think it's the seat from the Zard website (maybe). The side panels aren't available yet though. Plus the BC seat looks comfy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, that looks good too. I think it's the seat from the Zard website (maybe). The side panels aren't available yet though. Plus the BC seat looks comfy.
Wow! Looks very similar to the Alo Cafe one, but cheaper...I see one in my very near future.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Strange...the 15% discount suddenly went away at Zard...now the AloCafe seats are cheaper...and I nearly sure they're the same.

·
Registered
80 Posts
British Customs seat arrived. Haven't installed it yet but did a test fit. Removed the stock cover and foam. And sort of fit the BC cover to get some pics. It is a nice rich dark tone, maybe it doesn't show in these pics.

The new cover is definitely thicker and heavier. I took a bunch of pixs but will just post a few now. I will post more pics once it's installed and good light.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts