Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a BRKT tail tidy with led plate bolts. A Motodynamic led tailight with intergrated sequential turn singals. Cleaned up the look of my Scrambler

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lookin good...better than my zip-ties on my FTP. What'd that run you all in ~$200ish ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lookin good...better than my zip-ties on my FTP. What'd that run you all in ~$200ish ?

Under $200. But I'm changing it again. Just not happy with having a plate near the tail light. I change the plate position under the seat and still not happy. So I ordered a Swingarm plate mount. I like the look of a clean tail.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My favorite look on the FTP is what user name "Kent" did & added a rear fender w/ a cool Storz plate holder. That is what I want to do someday. It looks more finished w/ a rear fender.

This pic show the quality of the parts he used & balanced/symmetry of what the tail should have looked like from the factory IMO.

His looks way better than my ziptie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't want anything near the tail light. Well post pics of new mount when I get it. There are no pictures of the Rizoma mount anywhere. Only promo pictures.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed my Rizoma outside plate bracket. Super happy with it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Installed my Rizoma outside plate bracket. Super happy with it.

I've had an anchoring for one of those but the position is illegal here in Sydney. I have seen a couple fitted running on the streets but at the price of the Rizoma stuff I didn't want to take the chance and plumbed for the standard tail tidy sticking the plate where you don't like it ;). I don't mind it hanging off the rear guard though and came across a bargain which I've yet to fit. Pics when I do...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
...Incidentally, What has everyone done to tidy up the screw holes in the swing arm once the old mud scraper is removed?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
...Incidentally, What has everyone done to tidy up the screw holes in the swing arm once the old mud scraper is removed?
Thanks Hui, I shall search some out. For us mechanical dunces can you elude to a 'spec', thread, length, unall that? :)
I used an A2 stainless as that's what I have in stock but as it's just to fill the hole and not under any stress then any stainless will do.

A2 / 304 is a marine grade stainless and very corrosion resistant with good stress properties.
A4 / 316 is a higher grade and harder, some may say although better corrosion resistant etc. it's more prone to cracking.

Usually it's only a real problem when stainless to stainless but always coat the threads with anti-seize to help prevent galling as stainless is particularly bad for it.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I used an A2 stainless as that's what I have in stock but as it's just to fill the hole and not under any stress then any stainless will do.

A2 / 304 is a marine grade stainless and very corrosion resistant with good stress properties.
A4 / 316 is a higher grade and harder, some may say although better corrosion resistant etc. it's more prone to cracking.

Usually it's only a real problem when stainless to stainless but always coat the threads with anti-seize to help prevent galling as stainless is particularly bad for it.
Sorry, I didn't read your request properly. I'm away from the bikes until next week and can't remember the exact size and length but zooming in on my own photo it looks like the vertical one is 8mm and the horizontal one 6mm standard pitch (not fine)
The length, as it's really just a plug then 10mm long or so would be OK

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read your request properly. I'm away from the bikes until next week and can't remember the exact size and length but zooming in on my own photo it looks like the vertical one is 8mm and the horizontal one 6mm standard pitch (not fine)
The length, as it's really just a plug then 10mm long or so would be OK
Cheers Hui - yer a star!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Haven't got hold of any bolts re Hui's advice but have managed to fit my new tail-tidy:

Riz.png

I saved up and went for the Rizoma. I really like it but either I'm really bad at DIY or the 25mins stated in the instructions is wildly optimistic. Took me about two hours once I'd finished. I had to drill out the holes in the main bracket as they didn't line up perfectly with the chassis holes which did nothing to speed me up. Plus I chopped the Euro bracket to fit the Oz plate. The rest was just general buggering about in tricky spaces as I don't have a stand, e.g. removing the OEM clips that held the wire for the rear plate light on.

It was easy, just fiddly and if anyone plumbs for this one (the 'Fox') just give yourself a little more time.

I also recently installed FT bars and I rate them. A better, sleeker look but for me (173cm) a nicer riding position too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got to local hardware store. Find shorter length screws for the swingarm factory plate mounting. Helps seals the treads from getting damaged.

Reactions: Deano968
1 - 18 of 18 Posts