Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I looked into this a couple years ago and still want to do something like the old R90s I once had.

The main thing s which slowed my interest are that the headlight is set way too far back into the forks for this to fit. Since I have figured I could 3d print spacers to push it out say an inch or two.

The other problem is aerodynamics.the R90s got a speed wobble which threw me off at over 100 mph. Open road and i managed to roll to a stop with minimal personal damage but bike was gone.

Talking to knowledgeable folks, they said this wAs common if the steering damper was old and not functioning. So if you do it, I recommend a good damper.

I will probably do something similar one day, love the look and desire more protection than a Dart screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
any after market bubble fairing readily available on the market?

I am about to get my 2019 soon... And was looking for some options available. The most fascinating I've found so far is delight_caferacer_scrambler. However, this one is built on Icon, and I never got response back from them if this fairing will fit Cafe Racer... It is a shame to see Ducati has not came up with a reasonably priced solution in two years. But hope is still alive...

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I don't think Ducati will ever come with a solution, unless they decide to offer a model that comes with a fairing from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts