Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to put bike in trailer and dropped it.
not realizing it smacked the dash breaking lens and broke the bracket holding it in place. As I drove it started to rain all of a sudden the lights came on without the key. Once to location she wouldn’t start at all. Took dash apart per the forum discussion I saw here hoping just hoping I could get new bracket and lens. Yeah right nope circuit board fried. Look for parts on line very hard to find so I called dealer and took her in, 900. For dash , 80 for bracket labor up to1350.00 cost to fix. Any suggestions I am not good with this sort of thing sad and overwhelmed nothing worse than needing a ride and no go. 2017 scrambler icon is what I have. I love this ride and will do what needs to be done to fix her but moving forward is anyone aware of some sort of casing or something to protect this from happening again? Thanks all for any reply’s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. You might be able to buy a circuit board and bracket on ebay from a totaled bike, maybe.

I would bite the bullet and get the new dash, perhaps get the rizoma re-locator so your dash is beneath your handlebars. With the dash above the bars, any crash where the bike inverts is likely to damage it. I cannot imagine a bracket that could reinforce it well without being very bulky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a dash that got water damaged and got a similar quote from the dealer. What I ended up doing was buying a used dash from ebay and had to send it to a specialty shop in Oregon that could reprogram my keys to a used dash. Ended up costing me around $550

·
Registered
46 Posts
Went to put bike in trailer and dropped it.
not realizing it smacked the dash breaking lens and broke the bracket holding it in place. As I drove it started to rain all of a sudden the lights came on without the key. Once to location she wouldn’t start at all. Took dash apart per the forum discussion I saw here hoping just hoping I could get new bracket and lens. Yeah right nope circuit board fried. Look for parts on line very hard to find so I called dealer and took her in, 900. For dash , 80 for bracket labor up to1350.00 cost to fix. Any suggestions I am not good with this sort of thing sad and overwhelmed nothing worse than needing a ride and no go. 2017 scrambler icon is what I have. I love this ride and will do what needs to be done to fix her but moving forward is anyone aware of some sort of casing or something to protect this from happening again? Thanks all for any reply’s.
Used Motorcycle Parts, Used ATV Parts, Used Polaris Parts | SCCS Free Domestic Shipping try these guys, they have a very good website with salvage parts from all makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts