Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I want to experiment with removing the stock baffles - would anyone consider flogging theirs? Happy to discuss a worthwhile price.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I removed mine from my 2020. Also will be getting new exhaust this offseason so willing to part with everything. Lmk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been meaning to get around to doing this on mine. I have a '18 mach 2.0, but long story short it came from the dealer with the stock termi pipes from a FT trim with the double baffles. If I get around to it before you I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well update, this motivated me to finally get around to chopping mine. Was a little hesitant to cut up pristine OEM hardware without knowing how it'd turn out, but decided it was time after months of thinking about it (and a couple test rides with them off to feel it out). I can confirm that with the tips on after cutting out the baffles it sounds exactly like it does if you just strip off all the junk off and have the shoe box with the nubs sticking out. So I'd say just ride a bit like that, and if you like it then you know it's time to cut out your baffles.

In my opinion it's a definite upgrade. I don't care for loud bikes/exhausts at all really, but I do want my motorcycle to sound like a motorcycle. Those mufflers are just a bit too well engineered to squash the wonderful engine sound. I'm sure it adds a solid 0.00hp at the dyno (possibly even detracts some?), but it does add a solid 15hp on the butt dyno. Some may say that doesn't count... but hey that's what it's really all about if you ask me. I'm not riding to win races I'm riding to enjoy the ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts