Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened a little more quickly than I expected - but I’ve just traded my Scrambler for a BMW R NineT.

Went from this ...
View attachment 35309

To this ...

20180706_153453.jpg

If you’ve been reading my posts about bikes I’ve been test riding recently you’ll probably not be surprised.

It was exactly 12 months ago I bought the Scrambler from this forum - and I didn’t even have a bike license. Bike was bought unseen, unriden, and thankfully I got a great deal.
Got my license a few weeks later and have thoroughly enjoyed riding my Scrambler at every opportunity.

Things I’ve learned..
#1 Don’t go overboard on upgrades
I spent way too much on Ducati upgrades - unless you plan to keep the bike .. you won’t get the money back.
The reason I’ve traded is I was given an offer for mine which was more than I paid for mine 12 months ago … I haven’t made money .. but my loss on upgrades was less than I expected.
#2 Scrambler is a great first bike
I did a 3 day tour around Wales recently and my Scrambler held it’s own with the 1000cc tourers I was riding with (although I was giving it the beans when they were cruising :)
#3 Upgrading is addictive.
All the farkles I added seemed important - some did change the experience (bars, risers, exhaust) others less so.
#4 Ducati brand is very very cool
Scrambler may be a secondary brand for Ducati … but whenever someone asked what I rode they always nodded and smiled when I said a Ducati Scrambler.

Anyway - I’ll tell anyone who asks I really enjoyed the Scrambler and would happily recommend it …
I’m just ready to try something different.

Lastly - I’ll just say what a great community this is … and say cheers to all the people who I feel I’ve got to know over the months.

I'll pop in now and again .. happy to share my Scrambler experience with others as they start theirs...

By the way, I did manage to take a few accessories off the bike before I traded it ... they'll be up for sale shortly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did test rode R9T too: liked the bike ... but I like my DS more.
On side note - I already have two BMWs in my garage :toothy9:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new bike and I know what you mean regarding upgrades but I plan on keeping mine.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The RnineT was on my list before the Scrambler. If I don't start to get equal key time with the Scrambler there may well be a BMW in our collection at some stage. :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
It may be just a devious way of me getting another motorcycle. Have you thought of that?
Besides my Mum loved motorcycles and actually encouraged us to own them. As a teenager it was somewhat embarrassing to have your Mum want you to take her to places or pick her up by motocycle when we also had perfectly acceptable cars that she could have used just like all the other Mums.

·
Registered
14 Posts
IMHO the only upgrade you will get trading in the scram with the R9T is that neo-classic look. But the scram doesn't look that bad either. Performance-wise i go for the scram. That boxer on the R9T has a really bad tendency twitching the bike from 1 side to the other when twisting hard on and off the throttle. Add to that the underpowered 1200cc motor. But if i need a bike to show off to friends at the coffee shop, i'd bring the R9T

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I bet Phil's got a poker!! :pig:
Why do people post about nice bikes? It starts me looking and the r nine t does look nice and the wife loves the look sooooooo I now have to test ride the bmw and the triumph Thruxton r (if we can get a pillion conversion ) and the scrambler 1100 but I still love the 800 so it'll be a tough call, this all came from agreeing on not buying a track bike and putting the money towards our bike :love_heart: and do x2 Ron Haslam days a year. Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I want to have a go on the Street Cup. However am waiting to see what the FTR 1200 turns out like.
Yeah, I like the street cup but!! I parked next to one and the new t/scrambler about 6 weeks ago and it was agreed by all (a couple from Belgium who had them on a test ride) that the Ducati looked so much more cooler.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts