Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This.
20170708_124245.jpg

After much deliberating on wether to ditch the Scrambler for either the KTM Superduke R or the BMW S1000 R Sport, I finally signed on the dotted line for this f*cking headcase of a bike today and will be picking it up this coming Thursday.

Spec.
2017 BMW S1000R Sport.
999cc, 165 bhp in-line four.
Catalano Grey.
Akrapovic exhaust.
4 riding modes (Rain, Road, Dynamic & Dynamic Plus)
DDC (Dynamic Damping Control)
Quick shifter for upshifts AND downshifts.
Heated Grips.
Cruise Control.

As good as the Scrambler has been, these things are just another league altogether and I can't wait to pick the thing up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugly fucker tho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You have a point, but looks are subjective.

It's definitely no looked, but does have a purposeful look about it.

Tbh though the looks matter not one jot once the throttle is wide open and banging up through the gears with the Quick shifter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Grats!

The BMWs are designed by engineers. I rode a GS900 during a vacation - fantastic on the road and great sounding but the design, yeesh. That thing could scatter a leper colony.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This would of been my choice - an Italian stallion... But both are mental I'm sure. In fact my V twin Tuono is mental...
Enjoy your ride though! I'm sure you will have a blast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's why there are 5 bikes in my garage. There is not a perfect bike. You NEED a garage full of bikes

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats Airsafari, Between the KTM and this you made the right choice. I actually love the way this bike looks. The picture isn't at the best angle though. My neighbor just got a S1000RR, stupid fast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I never thought I'd see a transverse 4 with a chain drive from BMW. Kinda like admitting Honda got it right in the 1970's...

For sure it has to be a rocket ship. Way beyond anything I could control but if that's what gets your blood pumping, more power to you! I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never thought I'd see a transverse 4 with a chain drive from BMW. Kinda like admitting Honda got it right in the 1970's...

For sure it has to be a rocket ship. Way beyond anything I could control but if that's what gets your blood pumping, more power to you! I'm sure you'll love it.
You'd be very surprised at how easy it is to ride sensibly. It's just as easy to ride, if not easier to ride than the Scrambler.

I covered approx. 300 miles on the test ride I had, and made sure I took it down roads I knew really well. What I found was that on sections of the road I knew were bumpy I was backing off on the BMW because I was expecting to be jolted out of the seat like on the Scrambler. However there was no need to as the bike flowed over them a lot better and there was no need to back off or lift myself out of the seat.
Ultimate top speeds reached down that road on both bikes were pretty much the same, but the BMW went down the road easier.

Honestly do not be scared of any of these super nakeds, if you want them to be mental they absolutely can be as mental as you'd ever wish them to be, but for normal riding? Absolute pussycats.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts