Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Has anyone redone throttle and front brake cable. Its driving me crazy how afterthought they look. I was wondering if there are shorter available or do they need to be made? If anyone has any info Id love to hear it!!!
Thanx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Shorten the oe throttle inner/outer cable, make custom brake line from abs unit to bars, re-route the standard clutch cable.
Sorted.

5F544666-B00B-4B25-BAAC-7FEE86100642.jpeg
A0EE68FC-93F7-4CFA-8C99-DEBD32DC7987.jpeg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I'm talking about!!! does it require a brake line specific crimp tool?....Ive got a local aviation supply that does a lot of this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hui
please post more information and photos ( if they were taken ) on how you did re-route the cables.
It does really make bike looks cleaner

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
hi,
how did you shorten the cable itself. the outer is easy but the inner cutting it shorted at the injectors seems super complicated... let me know please...

thanks
Cut the nipple off at the twist-grip remove the inner, route the outer how you want it to run and cut to length. Insert the inner and snip the same amount off it before soldering on a new nipple.
If you have your sizes etc. you can then remove the whole cable from the bike and do the soldering on the bench, re-instal the cable as normal.
When snipping the inner, remember to include the length of cable through the nipple you cut off in your final measurment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts