Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from California! I am always lurking on here so I thought I would share my current setup. I decided to go towards the cafe look, for now at least. Remap, rear ohlins and new master cylinder/clutch lever coming soon!
IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg
IMG_1924.jpg

All work done myself so feel free to ask any questions :)

Current modifications:
-Mugello seat
-Moto play side panels
-Woodcraft clip-ons
-Remove rear-fender
-Newschool choppers lp bracket
-CRG lanesplitter mirrors
-New Rage cycles slip on
-Mugello integrated tail light/blinkers
-Painted almost everything black
-Lowered front fork
-Removed decals and logos
-Remount speedo/tac
-Motogadget m blaze pin front indicators
-Remove evap can
-Relocate starter/kill switch

More to come, stay safe!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much was that tail light from Mugello? And does it integrate turn signals?
Hey ScramblinGraham, it was about $190 USD. The signals are integrated in the bar but honestly that thing is super low quality. The little LEDs go in and out. I would recommend going to revival cycles and getting their version of this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How or rather where do you order the Mugello seat? thanks in advance.
Hi there, I just found them on Facebook and messaged them there. Sittimat is super nice and helpful. The order took a few months to arrive. I imagine they are pretty backed up. They did get the thread color wrong on my seat (I asked for black). But it wasn't worth it to me to pay for return shipping and wait to get it right. I paid through payal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi vroombrap. Nice mods. How did you mount the mblaze front turn signals? Did it come with an adaptor bracket? Mind posting fotos of it? How was speedo remounted and fotos also please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Monstard, sorry for the delay. I haven't been on here in a while. For the blinkers they did not come with a mount. Just a nut with a hole for the wires. They didn't fit in the stock blinker holes so I just drilled them out a bit and reconnected. Rerouting the wires so it didn't look like a mess was the hard part.
For the speedo, I just bought a mending plate at home depot and painted it with black engine enamel and remounted it using the hole in the triple clamp that used to house the riser bar mount. The bracket cost me 3 dollars and I actually like it better than the rizoma option.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
"I actually like it better than the rizoma option".

I'm not so sure, which one would you pick if they were the same price I wonder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you do with the start button/killswitch?
Initially, I mounted it on the frame right being the triple clamp. I got sick of that set up though and, currently, I have bypassed the kill switch completely by mending the two wires together. I wire the starter switch to be completely hidden under the left clip on. that way, I only have one set of wires into the handlebars (excluding front brake). Also installed mini momentary switches for the blinkers, and moved the speedo to be hidden under the seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
"I actually like it better than the rizoma option".

I'm not so sure, which one would you pick if they were the same price I wonder.
I would pick neither. Personally, I really dislike the gauge in general. Both options suck. Buying a 3-4 dollar mending plate was the lesser of two evils in my opinion. hope to move to something more minimal and clean in the future. Currently, I have the entire gauge hidden under my seat. In my opinion, a speedometer is unnecessary in California commute traffic. My eyes are up at all times, not looking at speed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Initially, I mounted it on the frame right being the triple clamp. I got sick of that set up though and, currently, I have bypassed the kill switch completely by mending the two wires together. I wire the starter switch to be completely hidden under the left clip on. that way, I only have one set of wires into the handlebars (excluding front brake). Also installed mini momentary switches for the blinkers, and moved the speedo to be hidden under the seat.
got pictures of this setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! I'd love to see a pic of your setup.
Also, the comfort is great for me but I've always ridden bikes with clip-ons (gixxer, cbr) so I like the aggressive positioning. Anything beyond 3 hours would likely be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really like your mods.

What size are your woodcraft clip ons? Do they touch the tank?

Thank you
They are 50mm but the stock forks are about 50.7mm (I think). I would recommend you don't waste money on the rizoma clip ones. They fit the stock forks fine but you will want to be careful when you adjust them or they will scratch the forks. Currently, the bars don't touch the tank but the clamp points do hit the front plastic tank fender when I'm parking. This is nothing more than I have experienced on any other bike but it does limit your turning radius somewhat. I prefer the aggressive riding position so I don't mind.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are 50mm but the stock forks are about 50.7mm (I think). I would recommend you don't waste money on the rizoma clip ones. They fit the stock forks fine but you will want to be careful when you adjust them or they will scratch the forks. Currently, the bars don't touch the tank but the clamp points do hit the front plastic tank fender when I'm parking. This is nothing more than I have experienced on any other bike but it does limit your turning radius somewhat. I prefer the aggressive riding position so I don't mind.
Thank you for the info.

Did you take off the triple clamp? I search on woodcraft website, it's a 3 pieces type of clip on. Was it easy to install? Plus since you relocated the kill switch, will it fit with kill switch on?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts