Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well the 1100 Scramblers don’t make much more power, really just a little more than what was needed to carry the extra heft of the bigger bike.

The Scrambler range are not going to be on the same level as today’s Ducati.

I wouldn’t hold out out for a Cafe Racer 1100 or “S” although I would love to see the water cooled 821 engine tucked in the current 800 cafe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marcinko, that's fascinating and I looked it up, I think it adds only 10 or 15 hp, that makes me feel better about buying the 800, appreciate that cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is there a Cafe Racer 1100 on the way?

I’d asked in another thread but thought I’d start an official one after reading this...

Ducati Scrambler 1100 Cafe Racer next? - Motorbike Writer

I am due to buy the 2018 (pre blue/grey update!!!) 800 Cafe Racer because I love the looks but would love it to have more HP.
I have the blue/grey 2019 CR and love it, and ride with guys on the 1100 and they have a bit more torque on the pull away but I can keep up with them no problem and I would love a bit more juice, but I could just buy a monster or something larger to go faster.

FWIW

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put a race Termignoni exhaust on my 2020 CR, an MWR power up kit (airbox mod), a race tune flash with Rexxer, and dropped one tooth on the front sprocket. Now, this motor runs like the 1100 (or better). If I want tech and crazy power/torque, I pull out my XDiavel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put a race Termignoni exhaust on my 2020 CR, an MWR power up kit (airbox mod), a race tune flash with Rexxer, and dropped one tooth on the front sprocket. Now, this motor runs like the 1100 (or better). If I want tech and crazy power/torque, I pull out my XDiavel.

Man I like the sound of that. I don't know enough about those mods but I am going to check into that too. Thanks for sharing!

Ps did you replace the turn signals or any other mods?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man I like the sound of that. I don't know enough about those mods but I am going to check into that too. Thanks for sharing!

Ps did you replace the turn signals or any other mods?
I changed a lot and will do more next year. I changed the front signals to Skene P3 set down by the front wheel axle, and the rear turn signals are X-Arc from hightechspeed. The brake light has a healtech BLP flasher, and I use their Thunderbox for power distribution to my Innova front/rear dash cams, radar detector, Sena Bluetooth, heated seat. I added the factory heated grips. I dropped the front end (raised the forks) 2" and lowered the clip-ons 2". My mirrors are flipped under. I added the oil cooler cover by Evotech, and a loud horn by Denali. My rear plate was moved to under the tail. I have Puig frame sliders, front Evotech axle sliders, and Evotech rear sliders/spools. Installed EBC Sintered brake pads. Added a Super Course oil temp dipstick gauge. Wrapped most exposed cables in blue/black sleeving. Added 2000 degree heat tape under the seat. Removed charcoal canister.

Rearsets are coming next year and will eliminate the rear pegs. I'm thinking about clear belt and clutch covers too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I changed a lot and will do more next year. I changed the front signals to Skene P3 set down by the front wheel axle, and the rear turn signals are X-Arc from hightechspeed. The brake light has a healtech BLP flasher, and I use their Thunderbox for power distribution to my Innova front/rear dash cams, radar detector, Sena Bluetooth, heated seat. I added the factory heated grips. I dropped the front end (raised the forks) 2" and lowered the clip-ons 2". My mirrors are flipped under. I added the oil cooler cover by Evotech, and a loud horn by Denali. My rear plate was moved to under the tail. I have Puig frame sliders, front Evotech axle sliders, and Evotech rear sliders/spools. Installed EBC Sintered brake pads. Added a Super Course oil temp dipstick gauge. Wrapped most exposed cables in blue/black sleeving. Added 2000 degree heat tape under the seat. Removed charcoal canister.

Rearsets are coming next year and will eliminate the rear pegs. I'm thinking about clear belt and clutch covers too.

View attachment 46115
Wicked and thanks for sharing all the details. Great bike and amazing what you have done to her!

·
Registered
15 Posts

Does Rexxer now offer this ‘race tune’ flash or is that what you’re calling it? Very curious as I need to send my ECU back to David to fix an issue and would be good to know ahead of time what that entails. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does Rexxer now offer this ‘race tune’ flash or is that what you’re calling it? Very curious as I need to send my ECU back to David to fix an issue and would be good to know ahead of time what that entails. Thanks!
The Rexxer tune is based on what mods you have on your bike. Race tune generally means the parts on the bike are not street (emissions) legal and the tune matches those parts. I have the race Termignoni, which means it does not have the catalytic converter and is not street legal (hence the RACE ONLY plate welded to the bottom, lol). My Rexxer tune matches that pipe and the very open airbox mode. Many motorcycle digital displays will say RACE on them when you flash an advanced tune. Rexxer now says EVO.

Your tune from Rexxer may be considered race, depending on what you have. I had Rexxer bump up the rev limiter to 10K across all gears. Also, the map they sent matches my pipe/airbox, which adds fuel during decel below 4500 RPMs to reduce the popping due to tons of oxygen being sucked in reverse to the large exhaust opening (and also makes the engine run cooler). None of that is likely street legal and therefore considered "race".

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Rexxer tune is based on what mods you have on your bike. Race tune generally means the parts on the bike are not street (emissions) legal and the tune matches those parts. I have the race Termignoni, which means it does not have the catalytic converter and is not street legal (hence the RACE ONLY plate welded to the bottom, lol). My Rexxer tune matches that pipe and the very open airbox mode. Many motorcycle digital displays will say RACE on them when you flash an advanced tune. Rexxer now says EVO.

Your tune from Rexxer may be considered race, depending on what you have. I had Rexxer bump up the rev limiter to 10K across all gears. Also, the map they sent matches my pipe/airbox, which adds fuel during decel below 4500 RPMs to reduce the popping due to tons of oxygen being sucked in reverse to the large exhaust opening (and also makes the engine run cooler). None of that is likely street legal and therefore considered "race".

Thanks for the thorough reply. Since I get a CEL warning when bypassing the O2 sensors (per the original request) I need to send back and have a re-flash. I’m definitely interested in reducing engine temps and have only a K&N filter and hi-flow slip-on. I will have to ask David to do something similar in regard to adding fuel on deceleration to avoid the popping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the thorough reply. Since I get a CEL warning when bypassing the O2 sensors (per the original request) I need to send back and have a re-flash. I’m definitely interested in reducing engine temps and have only a K&N filter and hi-flow slip-on. I will have to ask David to do something similar in regard to adding fuel on deceleration to avoid the popping.
If you have a slip-on and still have the cat attached, you probably are not getting enough air reversing into your pipe to worry about the fuel cut causing popping. A slip-on and restrictive airbox on the Ducati Scrambler means you are not really getting much out of the Rexxer tune (if you still have the Cat). I would consider deleting the catalytic converter and opening up the airbox (MWR) if you are going to use a Rexxer tune. This will also allow you to kill the O2 sensor and the secondary air intake (SAI) system in the Rexxer tune and really get the horsepower and torque that the tune should give you. No real need for a tune with just a slip-on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have a slip-on and still have the cat attached, you probably are not getting enough air reversing into your pipe to worry about the fuel cut causing popping. A slip-on and restrictive airbox on the Ducati Scrambler means you are not really getting much out of the Rexxer tune (if you still have the Cat). I would consider deleting the catalytic converter and opening up the airbox (MWR) if you are going to use a Rexxer tune. This will also allow you to kill the O2 sensor and the secondary air intake (SAI) system in the Rexxer tune and really get the horsepower and torque that the tune should give you. No real need for a tune with just a slip-on.

I didn’t specify but yes, the cat was removed and notice quite a bit of popping after the tune.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I didn’t specify but yes, the cat was removed and notice quite a bit of popping after the tune.
Ah, okay. Slip-on usually means leaving the cat in place, but each bike is different on how they implement the cat and people use the term differently. Well, then you should definitely consider opening up that super restrictive airbox and see if Rexxer disabled the fuel cut below a certain RPM (usually around 4K or so).You will still get popping, depending on your pipe, but it is much less. My XDiavel with the Termignoni race pipe and map pop much more than my cafe racer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts