Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
recently picked up a Cafe Racer and want to replace the number side panels however I am hitting a road block. Contacted Mugello however was told that the MotoPlay set they offer are not compatible. Checked out the Zard application however there site indicated they were to be used with the Zard slim seat. Any one of an easy modification to make these fit or a custom shop in the Dallas area that has the know how?? Any advice or a point in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Chuck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. And yes the seat on the CR is low profile which is why im having a hard time figuring out why these applications won't work. I have a follow up email to Mugello but haven't herd back yet. I keep everyone posted as to what I find out if anything for those CR owners interested in the same mod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. And yes the seat on the CR is low profile which is why im having a hard time figuring out why these applications won't work. I have a follow up email to Mugello but haven't herd back yet. I keep everyone posted as to what I find out if anything for those CR owners interested in the same mod.
Hey Bud,

Thanks for reaching out. I am getting my hands on a cafe racer to check it out for you. Absolutely, the right side fits, but I have to see if the left side will mesh, it has a different key placement. Will keep ya posted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Astro. Thanks for the assistance, its really appreciated. Love the bike, not a huge fan of the number plate and had no clue it would a challenge to swap out. let me know what you find out. Thanks again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any side panel can replace the number panels, but you have to relocate the seat key first!

Though it the Cafe Racer stock number plate is a single piece, we have to look at it in 3 parts to make the number plate conversion - left panel, right panel, and mud flap. The first thing you would do is purchase the Icon mud flap from your local dealer - part # 24714922A (cost ~ $35).

[Render]

This relocates the seat lock to underneath the seat allowing for flush installation of the BMG Concept panels. Once this is completed it is a simple installation!

Here is a link to the full blog -
Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer Number Plate Conversion

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you foresee the MUGELLO Moto Play covers working with this conversation of the Key?

Moto Play - Side Frame Covers

I just received the Icon mudflap to take off the 54s asap and run the bike nude and was looking for ideas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd have to think about that. I just got off the phone with AMS Ducati to get the OEM price. They're $190 per side. $100 might not be fair on my end. I had them on my bike for less than a week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd have to think about that. I just got off the phone with AMS Ducati to get the OEM price. They're $190 per side. $100 might not be fair on my end. I had them on my bike for less than a week.
Hey bud. You still have the number plates?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts