Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Having done my first track day and subsequently running out of brakes, I quickly researched, bought and installed new pads (EBC HH).

Thinking that is all I could do to improve the brakes (I haven't looked into brakes before), by chance I met a lad who has a Scrambler Cafe Racer.
I was surprised to the amount of differences between his bike and my Icon as I presumed the Cafe Racer was just more about cosmetic change.
How wrong was I! Different forks, 17" front wheel and the other big surprise was that it has a Brembo Radial master cylinder!
I've looked into the parts numbers and cost, wow, Ducati want a lot for that particular set up!
Having researched brakes, I worked out that I would require a 15mm radial master cylinder. However, when I go through the bike configurator on the Brembo website it suggests a 16mm master cylinder.

Does anyone know the size of the master cylinder the Cafe Racer uses?
I know one person on here has upgraded to a radial master cylinder but would like other peoples views etc on it all?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
"Brembo master cylinder" my 2015 Icon has this. Not sure if it's radial tho??? What difference will a 15mm make compared to 16mm?

·
Registered
733 Posts
The 15mm will have less lever force to press - but need more travel than the 16mm - but not a huge difference.

the 16mm has 14% more area - so will need 14% more lever force - but 14% less travel.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 15mm will have less lever force to press - but need more travel than the 16mm - but not a huge difference.

the 16mm has 14% more area - so will need 14% more lever force - but 14% less travel.

I had worked out all the surface area etc of both caliper pistons and master cylinder which gave 15mm as the ideal, just strange that Brembo suggest 16mm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts