Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that it is an upgrade from the other scambler line, with respect to the Sled.

If the CF racer shock that much better than the ones that come on the Icon, ect?

Is it still worth upgrading to an aftermarket? Considering: Ohlins STX46 Street Rear Shock Ducati Scrambler / Sixty2 - RevZilla (althought it does seem to fit the CF on the bike selector.

Astro, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the biggest thing you noticed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats the biggest thing you noticed?
The rear end would bottom out during corner entry. Not enough preload adjustment to overcome this for my riding style, plus, every adjustment to the rear would make the front worse.

Overall a much smoother ride, however, the issues up front become more apparent if only upgrading on the rear. I've changed out my front too...

Ultimately it comes down to your riding style. If you're cruising, with occasional spirited riding, I might opt to leave stock. If you get tired of being bucked around look into upgrading the rear.

If you ride at a fast pace normally, or enjoy track time, I personally think a full overhaul is in order.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm thinking back to my standard shock… it was fine most of the time for the riding I do but I was being bumped out of the seat on rough roads. Had I been in a town of nice smooth tarmac I probably would have saved my money.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is all very helpful guys. I just overhauled the entire bike from paint, seat, lights, exhaust/tuning, ect. This may be an upgrade later down the road for sure thou.

Very excited for it to be finally finished.

Before and "so far" attached!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before and "So Far: :)

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hey all,

Wanted to get some added feed back here on a comparison.

Fox Factory Scrambler 800 Rear Shock: 897-15-017

or

Ohlins STX46 Street Rear Shock Ducati Scrambler / Sixty2 - RevZilla

I plan to do light trail rating and being that FOX is know for off road, is one purposed build one way than the other?
Suspect there will be very little appreciable difference between the two. In the grand scheme of suspension they are both still quite basic but made of much higher quality parts than the standard piece of crap.
Both have adjustable rebound damping only.

Depending on availablity in your location, you might want to look into the following:
Maxton
Nitron
Shock Factory

As possible option. All three of those offer superior adjust-ability over the Ohlins or Fox option.
If I was buying myself, I'd go for Shock Factory M Shock. It's noticably cheaper but it's a 1 man operation, each shock being build by 1 guy living in France. Many happy customers on the forum but servicing the shock might be more complex than just shipping it off to your local Ohlins approved centre.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey all,

Wanted to get some added feed back here on a comparison.

Fox Factory Scrambler 800 Rear Shock: 897-15-017

or

Ohlins STX46 Street Rear Shock Ducati Scrambler / Sixty2 - RevZilla

I plan to do light trail rating and being that FOX is know for off road, is one purposed build one way than the other?
Also consider an EMC shock. Rather than rebound and compression adjustment it has separate High and low speed bumps adjustment. I think this may be good if you do light trail riding. The trails have "high speed/sharp" bumps, and roads relatively long low speed undulations by comparison.
I have one on my Icon. It is the most stable shock I have ever used on a road bike, and my house is about a mile up a mountain dirt track which this shock handles really well. They are available in the USA and Europe and it is a quality gas shock not a simple emulsion shock.
I set one adjuster for the dirt and one adjuster for the road so there is no need to alter my suspension when I switch between the two surfaces. But I have to say I do very little dirt on it. I have an enduro bike for that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Suspect there will be very little appreciable difference between the two. In the grand scheme of suspension they are both still quite basic but made of much higher quality parts than the standard piece of crap.
Both have adjustable rebound damping only.

Depending on availablity in your location, you might want to look into the following:
Maxton
Nitron
Shock Factory

As possible option. All three of those offer superior adjust-ability over the Ohlins or Fox option.
If I was buying myself, I'd go for Shock Factory M Shock. It's noticably cheaper but it's a 1 man operation, each shock being build by 1 guy living in France. Many happy customers on the forum but servicing the shock might be more complex than just shipping it off to your local Ohlins approved centre.
Seconded, Me being one of the happy customers...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts