Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is the a good deal?

Café racer tank 2nd hand excellent condition £250!

Cheers

Armo
tank.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seems a good price to me, providing you like the colour, I think you'd be paying north of £200 for a tank re spray.

If its in good condition, and I expect it would be as they've only been out 2 minutes, then it deffo seems a good deal.

Where have you found this for that money, DM if you don't want to reveal your source to the world.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Seems a good price to me, providing you like the colour, I think you'd be paying north of £200 for a tank re spray.

If its in good condition, and I expect it would be as they've only been out 2 minutes, then it deffo seems a good deal.

Where have you found this for that money, DM if you don't want to reveal your source to the world.
I ended up buying it from my local ducati dealer and will decide over winter if i want a black Scrambler (even though I do like my street fighter yellow), just thought it was a good deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a fantastic deal if it's in good shape.

Ducati charge $900US for a bare tank.
Yes but I think that price is for the bare tank with no side panels, which is a little different.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the 62 tank.

Anyway, before you buy, make sure the threads for the side panels are ok.
Don't say that! It's already in my garage, looks mint though should be ok as came from Ducati but I'll check after my tea.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A Scrambler 62 tank has the side panel shape moulded into it rather than removable panels. This give an extra 1/2 liter or so capacity.
Strange, the smaller engine is the one with more fuel.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I saw that about the sixty2 tank last time I was at the dealer. Another item on my 'future thoughts' list. To me, the separable side panels are a bit silly ... I'd rather have the fuel capacity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts